JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The patties were at 173 F when they came off. I think 160 is safe but I went a little higher, certainly contributed to the dryness. I also did not wrap them at the end, like is sometimes done with othe smoked meats. A couple hours but that really depends. Wild guess of 15-20% fat.

I thought about inventing BBQ sausage by adding my secret rib rub before grinding. Maybe even make links. A McRib dog in a hotdog bun sounds kinda good. They'd also be a good breakfast meat. More I think about, I'm making McRib links next time.
Yeah, you pulled a little late in temps. They keep cooking when you pull them off.

I'm on the grill tonight at work because a machine blew up and I didn't forsee it happening 6 months ago so it's clearly my fault.

I swear, when one gets into management, all sense of reality leaves the body when that first big boy check hits the bank account

Sigh. Anyway, it's po'boy hamburger without a bun tonight :s0140:

I'm on the grill tonight at work because a machine blew up and I didn't forsee it happening 6 months ago so it's clearly my fault.

I swear, when one gets into management, all sense of reality leaves the body when that first big boy check hits the bank account

Sigh. Anyway, it's po'boy hamburger without a bun tonight :s0140:
At That Level, there are No Reach-Arounds, Bro. :(

I am sure Flop will find a proper place for this one.
You can have that one. Here's a gif you can use.
ursula-youre-too-late.gif

:D

The reference to Solv3nt? I dunno. Teach Me Oh Wise ONE.
You know how you replied to my post? It's like that except you click the Quote button instead of the Reply button.

1719298447724.png

Then you navigate to the thread where you want to place the quote, and at the bottom of the new post window there will be a new button that says Insert Quotes.

1719298534554.png

I'll bet you know what to do to that button. :D

You know how you replied to my post? It's like that except you click the Quote button instead of the Reply button.

View attachment 1905627

Then you navigate to the thread where you want to place the quote, and at the bottom of the new post window there will be a new button that says Insert Quotes.

View attachment 1905628

I'll bet you know what to do to that button. :D
OK Cool. I'm gonna Try Really Hard to Remember that. o_O

When I get the grilling equivalent to writer's block (we all get it) I'll head to the farmers market, butcher shop or fav local grocery store to run my trap line and chat about their wares.

I had some nice chicken thighs rubbed with olive oil, a little salt, a little cumin, the zest of a lime and a little splash of cachaça my buddy brought back from South America. Now I needed some kind of sauce.

I found some nice poblanos and came home and threw 4 on the grill until they were nice and charred. After peeling the skins off I seeded and rough chopped them and threw them in a blender with 1/2 a caramelized sweet onion, 2 large cloves of garlic, a few generous shakes of cumin, a pinch of black pepper and a splash of chicken broth. I added a little cream to it and some salt to taste. Smoky and rich, I think I found something to throw in the mix when I'm stalled out on grilled chicken ideas. The tribe didn't complain so I guess it was a small win in this neverending game.

Happy Tuesday gents. 🥃

1000008496.jpg

When I get the grilling equivalent to writer's block (we all get it) I'll head to the farmers market, butcher shop or fav local grocery store to run my trap line and chat about their wares.

I had some nice chicken thighs rubbed with olive oil, a little salt, a little cumin, the zest of a lime and a little splash of cachaça my buddy brought back from South America. Now I needed some kind of sauce.

I found some nice poblanos and came home and threw 4 on the grill until they were nice and charred. After peeling the skins off I seeded and rough chopped them and threw them in a blender with 1/2 a caramelized sweet onion, 2 large cloves of garlic, a few generous shakes of cumin, a pinch of black pepper and a splash of chicken broth. I added a little cream to it and some salt to taste. Smoky and rich, I think I found something to throw in the mix when I'm stalled out on grilled chicken ideas. The tribe didn't complain so I guess it was a small win in this neverending game.

Happy Tuesday gents. 🥃

View attachment 1906066
You're Hurtin' me Bro'! :)

Happy Tuesday gents. 🥃

View attachment 1906066
That sounds like a really good sauce. Hope you dont mind if I steal it. In some ways similar to a New Mexican green chile sauce. I bet it will make for some killer smoked chicken enchiladas. Definitely stealing that sauce recipe!

That sounds like a really good sauce. Hope you dont mind if I steal it. In some ways similar to a New Mexican green chile sauce. I bet it will make for some killer smoked chicken enchiladas. Definitely stealing that sauce recipe!
In my hillbilly mind it always feels like rediscovering fire when I stumble onto something that turns out being liked by the tribe and gets me out of a grilling/cooking ideas rut.
Now you've inspired me to smoke some chicken enchiladas so holy mackerel thank you so much for that!!
From wearing plate carriers to being plate carriers lol I love this thread!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top