JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1,065 miles from Lego land in CA a long time ago when my kid was young to the PDX area in one shot if you don't count an hour nap in a Denny's parking lot.

My wife was with me but I have always driven a lot of miles in this area and 24 hours of mostly driving while on call was not unheard of. Plus, even though she wasn't driving (my choice but she is a great driver) she was exhausted, so she begged me to take a break. I know for a fact she was not thrilled about sleeping in a car in a strange place lol, but it was what I did because I was used to little power naps for work when the hours would stretch on at work and safety was above getting the job done an hour sooner.

I could probably do it again as I can do most things I once could do one time, then it takes me way longer to recuperate.

Got it from my mom, in her day she was a beast. I know she did a drive with the three kids from PDX to Dallas TX in under 48 hours with a rest stop or three. I was young so I can't say for sure other then remembering the hubbub that caused with my dads family when we go there.

This may be wrong because my memory of it is a little fuzzy but I believe she went from PDX down thru TX and ended up in Orlando FL at Disney World in a 3 day trip.

1,065 miles from Lego land in CA a long time ago when my kid was young to the PDX area in one shot if you don't count an hour nap in a Denny's parking lot.

My wife was with me but I have always driven a lot of miles in this area and 24 hours of mostly driving while on call was not unheard of. Plus, even though she wasn't driving (my choice but she is a great driver) she was exhausted, so she begged me to take a break. I know for a fact she was not thrilled about sleeping in a car in a strange place lol, but it was what I did because I was used to little power naps for work when the hours would stretch on at work and safety was above getting the job done an hour sooner.

I could probably do it again as I can do most things I once could do one time, then it takes me way longer to recuperate.

Got it from my mom, in her day she was a beast. I know she did a drive with the three kids from PDX to Dallas TX in under 48 hours with a rest stop or three. I was young so I can't say for sure other then remembering the hubbub that caused with my dads family when we go there.

This may be wrong because my memory of it is a little fuzzy but I believe she went from PDX down thru TX and ended up in Orlando FL at Disney World in a 3 day trip.
That sounds about right, 3 days from Tampa, Fl to Beaverton. Actually, was just over 61 hours with a few nap stops along the way.

In a car I think about 750 miles in one day In a semi 640 miles but theres so much trafiic on the roads these days those number are hard to reach

Jordan, MT to Forest Grove, 4 or 5 times straight through.

Just under 1100 miles., with a loaded pickup and trailer (pushing hard), 15.5 hrs.

Stops (NEVER in Washington if I can help it) only to download fluid from me, and upload fluid into the truck.

It wasn't one day, but I drove from Oklahoma City to San Bernardino, CA without sleeping. Solo. It was about 24hrs. Loaded pickup. TV, dirt bike, stuff you don't want to leave overnight.

Everything went well until I missed my home exit. I drove an extra 20 miles before I realized it. I was pretty loopy.

Many years ago, when I drove Seattle to Phoenix, and vice-versa, I had a 1995 Acura Legend with the 6 speed manual, and yeah, I was "flying". Normally, as a single guy, or a buddy along, I ran into CHP several times. Have a lot of respect for the CHP of the time, because it would've been within their rights to lock me up. But, they usually either gave a warning or a downgraded ticket that could be resolved remotely.

These days, with a family in tow, I keep ol' girl in the double digit speeds and have not since had the pleasure to meet CHP in recent times....

Nonetheless, I can still get from Seattle to SW points like Anaheim, Phoenix or Las Vegas with average speeds, per the trip computer, hitting high 50's to low 60's, pretty good considering the traffic.....

I did the Alcan Highway from Fairbanks Ak, to Portland in 40 hours driving, 2360 miles, did it in a 68 Bronco 302 3 on the tree! Had two flats and used two spares, had to buy a tire in Prince Rupert, and caught a few ZZZZ's while having it changed! THAT was one of the most beautiful drives on the whole planet, if you haven't gone up there, you really should!

I did the Alcan Highway from Fairbanks Ak, to Portland in 40 hours driving, 2360 miles, did it in a 68 Bronco 302 3 on the tree! Had two flats and used two spares, had to buy a tire in Prince Rupert, and caught a few ZZZZ's while having it changed! THAT was one of the most beautiful drives on the whole planet, if you haven't gone up there, you really should!

My younger brother had a '72 with a 302 in it. I think it was a 3-speed auto. Removable top and fold-down windshield. It had a decent power and a lot of traction. A bit tippy if you hurried it around a corner but he never rolled it. It looked a lot like this one but without the winch & bumper extension:

1719110362920.png

Wish I had NEVER sold this one, not real purty, but she sure ran her arse off and did OK on the fuel! All stock, and original except the 302 which I had come up with and swapped in, the original 289 had given up the ghost on me right after I bought it, so I came up with a 302 junk yard special, a 92 Fox Mustang and all I did was swap to a 4 barrel and change the water pump and built a new exhaust using the mustang headers!
1719111171451.png

About 2 years ago, my wife was in Vegas for a week, mide week she calls and shares she got Covid, next day, took a plane in the morning, left home around 2:30 am to go PDX, take the flight to Vegas, arrived around 8am, rented a car, pick up wife and drove back home, longest day in my life, we got home around 2:30am of the next day, keep in mind that I started driving around 8am but was awake way earlier than that.
If need it I would do it again.

Wish I had NEVER sold this one, not real purty, but she sure ran her arse off and did OK on the fuel! All stock, and original except the 302 which I had come up with and swapped in, the original 289 had given up the ghost on me right after I bought it, so I came up with a 302 junk yard special, a 92 Fox Mustang and all I did was swap to a 4 barrel and change the water pump and built a new exhaust using the mustang headers!
View attachment 1904213
Those hubcaps look awfully familiar.

Also, I had this feeling that I had been thinking about that Bronco a few days ago, and I just now remembered. Here's a tough old gal who still knows how to dance.

View: https://youtube.com/watch?v=r5dMVSoyPWI

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top