JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That actually made me drool...

I think a Gold Cup is going to be my next quest...
Took me 20+ years to score a good one! Well worth the wait! Funny (ironic) back when I was a kid and bought my very first pistol ( 1911, you guessed it) I Could have bought a Gold Cup, but the price tag was twice what I payed for my XSC! There have been several additions since, but that Gold Cup sort of eluded me and when I least expected it, I found that baby and she followed me home and begged me for 230gr ball ammo until I finally couldn't take it any more and went and ran two boxes through it!

Early National Match pistols are set up for light recoil wad cutter ammo loads, and if you use standard 230 grn. ammo without changing the recoil spring to a heavier one, you can mess up the pistol.
I fitted my '68 NM with a 2nd gen Colt Ace 22 upper and consider it to be the best handling and accurate 22 pistol I own.

Yes. It's really a matter of finding a woman who's crazy complements your own crazy. Crazy together can be a wonderous thing...
Careful with that. Some crazy can compliment your crazy and then some. I had an ex who thought fishing and hunting is wrong since it kills animals, while she'd eat a cheeseburger. o_O

Expect to be called an idiot if your gun winds up with an idiot scratch.
Ah, I see now that this has been broached. How mortifying.

th?&id=OIP.Md318024c681892c327e9e498e77dc3d9o0&w=300&h=199&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0.jpg

Mine has the idiot scratch on the frame, totally wasn't on purpose cause I hate the finish. Though maybe if it had the same finish as the old M1911A1 there might be no scratch.

Early National Match pistols are set up for light recoil wad cutter ammo loads, and if you use standard 230 grn. ammo without changing the recoil spring to a heavier one, you can mess up the pistol.
I fitted my '68 NM with a 2nd gen Colt Ace 22 upper and consider it to be the best handling and accurate 22 pistol I own.
Yep, the classic bullseye match load was/is with the Hensley & Gibbs #68 200gr SWC.
th?&id=OIP.Mc279c2d43d66235d83653afe97bf2d0do0&w=300&h=202&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0.jpg
I've got a perfect double cavity RCBS that throws them buggers.

I am a BIG time 1911 fan boy. I don't really know why. I first shot one as a small child. Fell in love. While growing up most adults I knew had fired one in the Military and had great disdain for them. When I was a little older an old timer who was a 1911 fanboy explained why. Many were allowed to shoot one that was put together from parts by someone who had no skills at all. He let me shoot a couple of his and from that point on I wanted one badly. Now many decades later I know there are far better designs. I just don't care. I don't try to win over anyone else. If they ever make a phaser we can buy I will probably still be carrying a 1911.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top