JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
True, I'm not the most political lol, just wanted to keep my guns! How long will it take to erraticate 3 million people? Do you think they will make it easy? There is a lot on the plate for 4 years. Again credit if he can, I just don't want to hear the same people complaining a year from now that's all

I am a BIG time 1911 fan boy. I don't really know why. I first shot one as a small child. Fell in love. While growing up most adults I knew had fired one in the Military and had great disdain for them. When I was a little older an old timer who was a 1911 fanboy explained why. Many were allowed to shoot one that was put together from parts by someone who had no skills at all. He let me shoot a couple of his and from that point on I wanted one badly. Now many decades later I know there are far better designs. I just don't care. I don't try to win over anyone else. If they ever make a phaser we can buy I will probably still be carrying a 1911.
The guy has a point.

You put together a 1911 from different parts and make it run!
They new what they were doing. They were just shot loose. :D

I shot 1911's in the military an they often rattled when you shook them. But they fired! ;)

As to our future? I wouldn't be surprised if when man goes to Mars. He brings the 1911 with him.

You put together a 1911 from different parts and make it run!
They new what they were doing. They were just shot loose. :D

I shot 1911's in the military an they often rattled when you shook them. But they fired! ;)

As to our future? I wouldn't be surprised if when man goes to Mars. He brings the 1911 with him.

These were WWII and Korea area guys. Shot 1 in boot. Gripe was they wouldn't go a mag without hang ups. Since the guys were not going to get one no one cared that the ones they were allowed did not work worth crap. Many of these guys then never bothered to try one when they got out.
I know if they were sending me to another planet I would want at least 11911

When I bought and then shot my first 1911 I wondered why I'd not gotten one before. I've owned several different versions and liked them all.

Yea I am helping a co-worker shop for his first but not butting in too much - he knows he wants a FS all steel but unsure on exactly what. He really likes the SA Range Officer but does not really want SS. He wants real blue but is limited on that also. I suspect he WILL go with the SA however for the features.

For out of the box almost ready to carry, Ether a Colt or Kimber will be about the tightest "Combat Grade" 1911's out there. I hear great things about the Springfields being pretty good as well, but haven't tried one. Keep in mind, a 1911 needs breaking in at least 500 rounds with a light cleaning, and for carry use only a drop of lube on the barrel bushing and rails only! With good mags and a properly broken in 1911, I would have zero problems carrying all the time! I went through Front Sights Pistol classes with a Colt SXE and had zero issues with it! Those classes ate up almost 2000 rounds of ammo! I also went to a Level three class from a different trainer and with my STI I burned up close to 900 rounds with out a hickup!

My 1991-A1 I bought in 2003 had a couple jams and stovepipes initially - but I attributed that to the cheap reloads I bought at the gun show so I could go out and shoot it immediately. After that started reloading for it and never a problem with it - ever - even with some factory ammo later - and i will admit it is not cleaned on a regular basis other than 'basic' cleaning.

Sorry guys. But all 1911's are not created equal.:s0002:

Kimber are Good. I've had five but sold them.
Like My S&W 1911. Good gun. Sold it.
Four Colts. Good guns .Kept two. Both 1911A1's Like my Remington Rand and Ithaca.

Dan Wesson CCO? Everything you wish your other 1911's were. :s0155:
Just compare the slide to frame fit on a DW [Top] with a Kimber [Bottom].

No MIM. Tool steel trigger group. And a slide so tight it feels like it's on ball bearings.
It eats anything without a hiccup. And that's with a match barrel.

I finally found a 1911 that's all I thought a 1911 could be. ;)

[But I'm still gona carry a Glock] o_O

DSCN4362.JPG DSCN3176.JPG

Last Edited:
Hey! It's the biggest tool in the bag....or sack.

Well, the guy does have a few points but he tries to explain design flaws and quickly shows he's no engineer. I are one, and a machinist...

What the poorly attempted point is, its manufacturing process variations and poor finishing in lower quality brands that cause malfunctions, not tolerance stack.

The 1911 is a somewhat complex design by today's standards but it's still reliable and effective if some fairly minor tuning is performed. 1911's are steel; cutting tools leave burrs and sharp edges, cleaning up the slide/receiver rails is required.

There is one point in this video I do wholeheartedly agree with; give any defensive firearm a live fire stress test before trusting your life to it.

Well, the guy does have a few points but he tries to explain design flaws and quickly shows he's no engineer. I are one, and a machinist...

What the poorly attempted point is, its manufacturing process variations and poor finishing in lower quality brands that cause malfunctions, not tolerance stack.

The 1911 is a somewhat complex design by today's standards but it's still reliable and effective if some fairly minor tuning is performed. 1911's are steel; cutting tools leave burrs and sharp edges, cleaning up the slide/receiver rails is required.

There is one point in this video I do wholeheartedly agree with; give any defensive firearm a live fire stress test before trusting your life to it.

I do like the 1911, just not JY o_O

One of the things that gives me a laugh every time, is the Non 1911 guys stating all the complex machining and hand fitting that goes into a good 1911 pistol! As J.M.B. designed it, it was supposed to be a finely fitted and smooth running Combat Pistol that would and could work every time it was asked! As the pistol wore and loosened up, Pinpoint accuracy would fall off, BUT, Combat Accuracy would be maintained for quite some time! Yes, there are many newer designs that attempt to improve on something, but realizing that the 1911 is as old a design as it is, and is still a trusted piece of precision equipment, is a fine testament to this design! I Personally EXPECT all my 1911's to be Very tight in every place that it needs to be, I EXPECT it to be smooth and effortless in all movements,, and I expect every part to be made of the highest quality metals and that they fit together with the minimum of clearances at all critical areas! I can pick up any 1911 from the cheapest to the most expensive and I can tell if it's a worthy pistol for consideration! Having hand built many 1911's and variations of, I find great satisfaction in a very well made piece of shooting equipment, and I would trust my life and yours to it!

I wasn't questioning his qualifications - just his sparkling lack of decent human personality :rolleyes:
I wasn't questioning his qualifications - just his sparkling lack of decent human personality :rolleyes:

I know, I was making a joke based off of the video posted. I find that if someone has to start off by telling you how awesome they are, generally they are full of schmidt.

Sorry guys. But all 1911's are created equal.:s0002:

Kimber are Good. I've had five but sold them.
Like My S&W 1911. Good gun. Sold it.
Four Colts. Good guns .Kept two. Both 1911A1's Like my Remington Rand and Ithaca.

Dan Wesson CCO. Everything you wish your other 1911's were. :s0155:
Just compare the slide to frame fit on a DW [Top] with a Kimber [Bottom].

No MIM. Tool steel trigger group. And a slide so tight it feels like it's on ball bearings.
It eats anything without a hiccup. And that's with a match barrel.

The price stings a bit. But no more Guns shaped like 1911's for me.
I finally found a 1911 that's all I thought a 1911 could be. ;)

It's so good it's even worth being called ''A gun snob''! :s0140:

View attachment 323337 View attachment 323338
Heck, my ATI is tighter fitted than that Kimber...
image.jpeg
Just sayin...

Expect what you like, but be advised they are not for every one, this bunch of fans excepted. So play it by ear and don't expect too much because you could be really disappointed.
They are not all pie in the sky.
I wanted to love them because I'm a JM Browning fan too, but they just don't fit my hands.
So Make up your own mind if you are happy with it , and if not one of these guys will run all the way to your house to buy it from you. For a used price of course. :rolleyes: LOL
I wish you the best!
Gabby

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top