JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I pulled out all my "supposed to be accurate" .22 handguns and ran 'em through the mill against each other with my hunting ammo.

They WERE all accurate.

But the Ruger MKII ran the table, beating out guns that cost 2 and 3 times as much.

Anyone (equipped with a brain and two hands) who shudders at the thought of re-assembling one, probably spawned their first child because they gave up trying to open the Trojan package. The MKIV (with "improved" takedown procedure) I consider part of the "dumbing down" of America. Entirely unnecessary (for more than a half-century) for anyone who makes a modicum of effort to establish even a cursory familiarity with their guns.

Not difficult at all unless one neglects the gun longer than it should be, or is (by some defect or intoxicant) without short-term memory. :cool:
Lol, I had a Datsun 710 too.. the Momo steering wheel the prior owner had installed probably cost more than that great car.

Anyone (equipped with a brain and two hands) who shudders at the thought of re-assembling one, probably spawned their first child because they gave up trying to open the Trojan package.
HEY! :s0084: :s0012:
Not difficult at all unless one neglects the gun longer than it should be, or is (by some defect or intoxicant) without short-term memory. :cool:
HEY! :s0084::mad:

NO NEED TO GET PERSONAL!

:D

The most interesting 22 pistols are exquisitely accurate ones… in descending cost:
CZ S2 with conversion kit
SW 41 (most accurate 22lr pistol ever)
Beretta 87T
Ruger MK4
S&W Victory (but ugly)
Browning Buckmark
Sig 322
If you want cheaper… expect disappointment

Looking for something thats not gonna break the bank, reliable and cheap to get magazines for. I'm just looking for any suggestions before I go looking at some
Don't know about mag cost but these r awesome @ $279. Also Walther mp5 .22 is only $349 at palmetto right now (hkparts $17 trigger spring kit improves trigger significantly).

Whatever you buy would suggest making sure it has a threaded barrel. I will never buy a .22 without a threaded barrel personally. Buying one cheap suppressor means you can use it on any of them. I suggest checking to see if the beretta is made by Walther/umarex. If it is, it's likely reliable and may have a threaded barrel (you would need to check). Walther makes for beretta, hk, smith and Wesson, colt, hammerli, and others in Arnsberg. For me I also research whether it will cycle reliably with subsonics as that's not something you want to find out later.

Last Edited:
Forgot about this Hammerli goes on sale at palmetto for $249 fairly often. That's a ridiculous price. I have the hk 416 version and it's still $450. I have never held the hammerli but if it's the same as the hk it has the same adjustable bolt speed and trigger group which is an ultra reliable design (I have 3 of the same design mp5s as well as the HK 416 and had a colt with same design). The magazine quality on these is 10/10. No kidding the mags are better than anything on the market by a long ways imo. No idea about accuracy or barrel design on the hammerli that's something a person would have to research. I think it's all metal like the HK 416 but not sure.

Ruger mark 4 is a beautiful 22 that will last forever and the takedown on the mark 4 makes it incredibly easy to take down and clean unlike past models...

A cheap fun .22 that I love is the Kel-Tec P17.

Looking for something thats not gonna break the bank, reliable and cheap to get magazines for. I'm just looking for any suggestions before I go looking at some
In .22 lr. I have a Kel Tec p17 come with 3 17 rd Mags Shoots great light weight !! Great Fiber Optic Sights I got mine at Sportsmans Wear House $199 I love it

Well if you looking for a 22 that won't break the bank, take a look at the Taurus TX22, comes with 2 16 round mags, and a life time warranty. I have one and with over 1,000 rounds fired have not had a single issue, well other then the ammo, that is.

Well if you looking for a 22 that won't break the bank, take a look at the Taurus TX22, comes with 2 16 round mags, and a life time warranty. I have one and with over 1,000 rounds fired have not had a single issue, well other then the ammo, that is.
^^Palmetto has daily deal on clearance for these and taurus has a rebate for 3 free mags. Best bang for your buck with this one. I'm not a huge taurus fan, but it's a .22lr pistol, not much to hate on.
Link to rebate: https://tauruspromos.com/

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top