JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Recommend against the Ruger Mk IV 22/45 Lite.

A) the Glock G44, and many other makes, eg SR22 and Smith M&P, are lighter.

B) although it is easy to disassemble, you'll be doing a lot of that bc it frequently jams, and requires copper nosed bullets to run smoothly. CCI mini mags ok.

C) it's not any more accurate than the next gun out there.

D) fairly pricey.

I was just looking to sell mine.
I've had mine for maybe a month and shoot nothing but federal auto match lead round nose through it. And have shot over a 1000 rounds through it and use it for steel matches. I've had literally one malfunction out of it maybe yours is a lemon and needs to be sent in. I do clean it after every time I shoot it but I do that with all my guns.

The p17 has [allegedly] tons of issues feeding ammo. Lots of not too great reviews. Check that tx22 at Palmetto out ^^ and check people's reviews on them.
A no-go on the keltec but a green light for a taurus?? I wouldn't recommend either brand for anything other than range use. Browning Buckmark or S&W 41. Not a fan of the older Ruger Mark Series and the takedown design on those.

Might to look into it. for 200$ that might be a doable.option right now
Buy a cheap piece of crap now, and a year from now, you'll have a used cheap piece of crap.

...when for very little more money you could have something to be proud of, and if need be, it will ALWAYS bring what you paid for it.

(And it'll shoot better and more reliably as well.):cool:

The TX-22 was just updated, so if you do get one, get the new T.O.R.O. version.

There are a LOT of great reviews on the TX-22s.

Sure -- it's a piece of plastic, not a gleaming, precision heirloom. But it looks like a lot of fun for the price.

My wife and I were out shooting out .22's today. Hers is the S&W Victory mine is the Buckmark. She wanted to shoot her 20ga Coach gun and I brought my CZ 12 ga so we brought the .22's along to pick off the clay chips. She thought that was great fun. 100 rounds of Winchester ammo thru both guns with no problems.

TX22, while light weight is large.
Ruger MK's, while reliable, and accurate, are large and heavy.
Of the two dozen plus 22 pistols I own, my recommendation for small persons, whether children or petite wives, is the Ruger SR22, then the Walther P22. The next closest auto would be the Beretta Neos.
EVERYTHING else is either larger-gripped or heavier...even the Beretta M21.

Joe

20220102_154627.jpg Screenshot_20211205-230100_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20211205-225449_Gallery.jpg

Of the two dozen plus 22 pistols I own, my recommendation for small persons, whether children or petite wives, is the Ruger SR22, then the Walther P22. The next closest auto would be the Beretta Neos.

Joe

View attachment 1894701 View attachment 1894702 View attachment 1894703
If you can find one, a Smith & Wesson 422 is a full-size gun but weighs about zero.
Accurate and reliable.

There are several types of 22lr pistols. Not sure what to suggest.There are pocket, target, full-size, and tactical-type pistols. Also the military-type pistols and versions of a rifle with a shorter barrel and no shoulder stock, for example, the Ruger 22 Charger.

Looking for something thats not gonna break the bank, reliable and cheap to get magazines for. I'm just looking for any suggestions before I go looking at some
I ve had a Ruger Mark4. It ok, then I bought the new Sig Sauer P322 and I love it the best one I've ever had. Would recommend it.

"Ruger MK's, while reliable, and accurate, are large and heavy."
1717727977393.png

Hmmm. Large: no checkmark in that box.
Heavy: no checkmark in that box.
Reliable: checkmark!
Accurate: checkmark!

There's about a million choices, and I've owned or shot most of them.

My most accurate .22 pistol right now would be any of the Standard Auto's or MkII's.

That said, over the last year, I've shot the TX22 and/or LCP .22 more than any other. Just because they are fun and easy to shoot.

Joe

View attachment 1894701 View attachment 1894702 View attachment 1894703
That neos is a wild child! Reminds me of my s&w/walther sp22. They both look like guns from battlestar galactica or something.

Last Edited:
Good choices upthread. I'd likely get the Walther. However, there are plenty of classic .22's that shoot excellent. Cold Woodsman, Buckmark Nomad and Browning Challenger are a few fine examples. Furthermore, many semi-autos currently made also have .22 conversion kits available. Sig-Sauer P220 andP226 come to mind, but many others do as well.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top