JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looking for something thats not gonna break the bank, reliable and cheap to get magazines for. I'm just looking for any suggestions before I go looking at some
FYI Beretta 92 .22 supressor ready $249 after rebate. Just ordered one.

Looking for something thats not gonna break the bank, reliable and cheap to get magazines for. I'm just looking for any suggestions before I go looking at some
Ruger Mark series. I have a Mark II and its accurate, fun, easy to clean, and magazines are plentiful. The 22/45 is a beauty also. And the Browning Buck Mark is nice. And the S&W Victory is an option.

I've kinda gone the other direction on 22s. Every time I go shooting, I bring a 22 so I've been trying different ones to find the right fit for a nice ($$$) one. I think I have found it in a Freedom Arms M83 7.5" combo that is a laser out to 100m.

My thought is, buy once and cry once. I'm moving into the S&W Territory now (617 x 6) and just secured a lovely K22 that didn't break the bank. A Ruger Mkll with V guts has remained a constant for over 35 years. Two Colts spent some time in the stable and were real lookers but no go, a Colt Trooper and Diamondback in 6" examples. A SS Single6 Bisley is still hanging around.

I'd really like to try a S&W 41, a short FA 97 and one of the newer mk4 lites. Life is to short to not have a nice 22.

I always look in Pawn shops and gun shows.

As with aging, red dot tubes and micros are the way to go.

I like the beretta suppressor version for $249. I just wish frame was steel or alloy instead of polymer. Don't know how they can sell these for $249 seems kinda crazy.
IMG_7313.jpeg

I've kinda gone the other direction on 22s. Every time I go shooting, I bring a 22 so I've been trying different ones to find the right fit for a nice ($$$) one. I think I have found it in a Freedom Arms M83 7.5" combo that is a laser out to 100m.

My thought is, buy once and cry once. I'm moving into the S&W Territory now (617 x 6) and just secured a lovely K22 that didn't break the bank. A Ruger Mkll with V guts has remained a constant for over 35 years. Two Colts spent some time in the stable and were real lookers but no go, a Colt Trooper and Diamondback in 6" examples. A SS Single6 Bisley is still hanging around.

I'd really like to try a S&W 41, a short FA 97 and one of the newer mk4 lites. Life is to short to not have a nice 22.

I always look in Pawn shops and gun shows.

As with aging, red dot tubes and micros are the way to go.
I like the s&w41 but since it doesn't have a threaded barrel I would never own one. One of the best things about .22 for me is shooting them suppressed. Also for the same price as one s&w41 I could buy these 4 high quality pistols brand new combined:

HK MP5 .22
Colt 1911 (threaded barrel)
Walther PPKS stainless (threaded barrel)
Beretta 92 supressor model

That's a lot of fun guns that can share a single inexpensive yet very quiet .22 suppressor.

Yea, always wanted to get a 22rf can. They are a hoot!
I paid $109 on sale for my first one, basic aluminum baffle can. Has seen thousands and thousands of rounds and no drawbacks at all even though it was literally the cheapest .22 can I could find. The new flow through ones (like the one shown on the beretta pic above) are nice also but more spendy. They are all very quiet with subs (except for those stunted itty bitty size cans).

Nothing like a wheel gun in 22, many great options out there…
Heritage are great fun for the money. Several models at palmetto right now for $99. they have 4 click colt action and are heavy enough to feel like a real gun. 22 mag cylinders are $29. The 16" pistol you can legally put a full stock on it (available from Henry).
I would love to have one of those long barrel stainless s&W 22s but they cost as much as regular caliber and I'm not willing to pay that. For that money ($900 and up) I would rather get a premo 45LC SAA Italian clone.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top