JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I suspect a large part of it is the economy. That said, oregon has universal background checks and no sales tax. That means gunbroker is way more tempting. I've seen decent prices here that I would post what I would want to pay and a month later find it on gunbroker and be at roughly what I would have paid locally and pick up at my ffl at my own convince, not meeting at a weird time. It's why I gave up unlisted the guns I was going to sell and decided ill sell them in Texas where it's easier and I could ask a bit more. Plus sometimes accessories sold way better on other fourms. I suspect that's part of it but also the economy is the biggest factor. Look at lots on gunbroker even that dosent sell.

1719030329336.png

Not a financial issue, just grabbed everything I thought I wanted during the last great "sale".

Besides, I live in WA, I'm allowed to purchase a single shot, black powder, single use, revolver :(

I was just talking to a local gun shop owner today about this very thing. He was telling me that the only guns he's been selling lately are ones he's ordered for someone. His shelf stock isn't moving. Happens every year summer comes and everyone wants to go play at the lake or whatever. The woods get shut down or will soon enough so a new gun won't get shot until fall but then it's hunting season. I didn't ask what people were ordering, though I probably should have our conversation was more about his future ammo needs from me.

I was just talking to a local gun shop owner today about this very thing. He was telling me that the only guns he's been selling lately are ones he's ordered for someone. His shelf stock isn't moving. Happens every year summer comes and everyone wants to go play at the lake or whatever. The woods get shut down or will soon enough so a new gun won't get shot until fall but then it's hunting season. I didn't ask what people were ordering, though I probably should have our conversation was more about his future ammo needs from me.
Interesting information. A lot of the guns I buy happen to be ordered or are from a list I gave the FFL to buy on my behalf if one walked through the door. I think this calendar year I've only purchased 1 or 2 new guns off the shelf I didn't plan on buying days or weeks earlier... Hadn't thought about that.

Interesting information. A lot of the guns I buy happen to be ordered or are from a list I gave the FFL to buy on my behalf if one walked through the door. I think this calendar year I've only purchased 1 or 2 new guns off the shelf I didn't plan on buying days or weeks earlier... Hadn't thought about that.
Gun shows kind of reflect this as well. Gun Show season runs from Sept to April basically.

I feel that everyone sees the inflation prices of EVERYTHING and thinks they can do the same with their used firearms.

Nope. Not buying into that, especially with used firearms!

Buyers are getting pretty audacious in this market. This week had an offer from a user I've not seen before. Looked at his profile and he had just joined the forum half an hour prior. He lowballed the already-reasonable price a further 25% off, and the best part, asked me to sell him something that's not even legal in his state.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top