JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm about ready to say if your neighborhood DOESN'T have a Neighborhood Watch program, whether formal or informal, you need to START one.

@Moderators Do we need a spinoff thread for Neighborhood Watch discussions?
These things can and do of course sometimes get "out of hand" but, they can be a GREAT idea. Its nice to set up so people who live in places where they can see the neighbors also help keep an eye out for each other. So often now people seem to not want to know anything about those who live by them and just don't care. We need more people watching out for each other since sadly often LEO's are not going to.

Yeah, there's a fine art of balancing "neighborly" vs "nosy", just for one.
YEP. Human nature being what it is that seems to be a hard line for some to walk. Some of the places that have an HOA find this out the hard way. Often the kind of people who gravitate towards wanting to be on those boards are the kind who want to tell the world how to live. Want a little taste of power. :(
I often tell the Wife she really has no idea just how great a deal we fell into when we got the job of keeping an eye on this place we live now. NO ONE to tell us how to live and after closing NO one around. LOVE IT!

YEP. Human nature being what it is that seems to be a hard line for some to walk. Some of the places that have an HOA find this out the hard way. Often the kind of people who gravitate towards wanting to be on those boards are the kind who want to tell the world how to live. Want a little taste of power. :(
I often tell the Wife she really has no idea just how great a deal we fell into when we got the job of keeping an eye on this place we live now. NO ONE to tell us how to live and after closing NO one around. LOVE IT!
overlook-hotel.jpeg.jpg

Nice thing about our little loop, it's small enough we maybe able to skip a board and go pure Athenian direct-democracy, less than two dozen houses and only one way in/out by car.

These things can and do of course sometimes get "out of hand" but, they can be a GREAT idea. Its nice to set up so people who live in places where they can see the neighbors also help keep an eye out for each other. So often now people seem to not want to know anything about those who live by them and just don't care. We need more people watching out for each other since sadly often LEO's are not going to.
It's not that I DON'T care….. it's just that I don't care.

Yeah, there's a fine art of balancing "neighborly" vs "nosy", just for one.
Just 'cuz you like to pee off your front porch while wearing nothing but your bathrobe everyday at 12:45pm….

I don't think you have any real idea what this means. Does he have millions of dollars to throw away on this? If not he has no choice. He is toast. Sideshow will throw so much lawyer at him that unless he is a multi millionaire who wants to flush that cash down the crapper he is done. :(
Yep they're using tax dollar payers as their war chest. That's what sick about it. We're being made to defeat ourselves with our own money.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top