JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All good feedback, I do have someone who could handle the firearms/accessories to ensure she didn't get taken advantage of. But he's got no clue as to the value of the reloading equipment or supplies, those could end up fire sale priced in a yard sale. Could be a significant loss of funds…

All good feedback, I do have someone who could handle the firearms/accessories to ensure she didn't get taken advantage of. But he's got no clue as to the value of the reloading equipment or supplies, those could end up fire sale priced in a yard sale. Could be a significant loss of funds…
The way I have it set up is my wife gets the house free and clear. That way she's taken care of. The rest of the "stuff" is more purging and house cleaning. I'm sure there is guns and stuff my family wants and they will sort that out and then there will be stuff that gets sold. They will sort that out as well. They will do what's best for them at the time. I'll be on to whatever is next in the great beyond.

Didn't mean to give you too hard of a time, worked late and had a few.
No worries mate.

IMG_0476.jpeg

Finished decapping a 5 gallon bucket of 5.56, bent another Squirrel Daddy pin. On my last universal one now.

Decided to anneal before swage just to get me off the APP.

The Ugly Annealing machine is fantastic. Would buy again.

20240618_154632.jpg 20240618_154626.jpg 20240618_154607.jpg

As serious reloaders, how do you know when you have enough:
- rounds loaded?
- primers and powder?
- projectiles?
- lead to smelt into new projectiles?
As for me I'm not quite ready to start the liquidation planning yet but that will come at some point in the next several years.

For me, my big focus currently is on "ratio balancing" for my stock on hand.

What I mean by that, is for example, let's say I had 5,000 of a certain Projectile. I would want to make sure I have an identical quantity of 5,000 of the primers I intend to use for those, and also the 5,000 "loads worth" of the powder for same.

Anything not in the exact ratio means there is some limiting factor in my inventory such that one or the other needs to be added to the "BUY" list in order to equalize everything.

It's easy for me because I only load the two NATO rifle calibers 5.56 and 7.62. To the extent that you might use the same powder for several different Calibers it becomes a more complicated mixture analysis and requires assumptions to be made about planned quantities to be produced for each.

After seeing the sub par job my corncob media with polish did on the 51) 450 bushmaster's I scarfed this weekend and cleaned last night and today.. They got wet cleaned and look fabulous.
To make a big enough batch to use that big FART, I had some leftover brass from my cartridge display project last year so I deprimed 70 or so and they are looking fabulous as well for the next one which will probably be this winter.
:s0115::s0114::s0115::s0114:

FED0D9BC-5333-4DFA-98F7-954979A9B750.jpeg

I finished off making the 9mm, while that was happening my wife tumble cleaned a mixed batch of 45 acp, 45 colt and 45-70 brass. Next up a bunch of small primer 45 acp with 200gr RNFP's.

I also took some time to make the .222 brass that I've had for a while that hasn't sold yet a bit more appealing to a buyer.
I deprimed, uniformed and cleaned the primer pockets. They are in the Thumblr at the moment. and they too should turn out fabulous as well. Lol

Someone buy these please!!! :D

089E861C-C5F8-47A9-A648-73101450EB76.jpeg

Last Edited:
As for me I'm not quite ready to start the liquidation planning yet but that will come at some point in the next several years.

What I mean by that, is for example, let's say I had 5,000 of a certain Projectile. I would want to make sure I have an identical quantity of 5,000 of the primers I intend to use for those, and also the 5,000 "loads worth" of the powder for same.

Anything not in the exact ratio means there is some limiting factor in my inventory such that one or the other needs to be added to the "BUY" list in order to equalize everything.

It's easy for me because I only load the two NATO rifle calibers 5.56 and 7.62. To the extent that you might use the same powder for several different Calibers it becomes a more complicated mixture analysis and requires assumptions to be made about planned quantities to be produced for each.
It's still not an easy equation.

This wouldn't work for me. I load too many different calibers but some do use the same componates. Take 380 acp, 9mm, 38 Super and 357 Sig. all use small pistol primers and .355 bullets but different powders, bullet weights and powder charges.

Finished cleaning, decapping/resizing, cleaning pockets and separating SP and LP on my 20 lbs of .45 brass. Interesting enough, out of about 1500 cases, only found 4 small primer, pretty much all of it is LP. I split off about 500 cases of s&b headstamp to prime and load, but only ended up loading 150rds. Loaded with WLP primers, 230gr plated RN, and ended up using 5.8gr Bullseye that I got from one of our members earlier today. OAL is 1.26"

20240618_220544.jpg

Last Edited:
Finished cleaning, decapping/resizing, cleaning pockets and separating SP and LP on my 20 lbs of .45 brass. Interesting enough, out of about 1500 cases, only found 4 small primer, pretty much all of it is LP. I split off about 500 cases of s&b headstamp to prime and load, but only ended up loading 150rds. Loaded with WLP primers, 230gr plated RN, and ended up using 5.8gr Bullseye that I got from one of our members earlier today. OAL is 1.26"

View attachment 1902179
The irony of your situation is that your small primer brass to large primer brass ratio is reversed for the availability of small primers to large primers. :s0054:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top