JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The irony of your situation is that your small primer brass to large primer brass ratio is reversed for the availability of small primers to large primers. :s0054:
Large primers aren't really hard to find, but they are a little more expensive. I got 1k count bricks from Midway for $89.99 last week. They've got a free shipping promo over $99 too, so no hazmat fees.

Large primers aren't really hard to find, but they are a little more expensive. I got 1k count bricks from Midway for $89.99 last week. They've got a free shipping promo over $99 too, so no hazmat fees.
They are available on line, but at premium prices, plus shipping plus hazmat, plus 8.7% government theft if you are unfortunate to reside in the formerly great state of Washington aka California North. They rarely show up locally, at least in my locale.

They are available on line, but at premium prices, plus shipping plus hazmat, plus 8.7% government theft if you are unfortunate to reside in the formerly great state of Washington aka California North. They rarely show up locally, at least in my locale.
I've noticed they aren't on the shelves anywhere around here either. Online is a different world. If you're going to be through the Portland/Salem area anytime, you can always let me know ahead of time and I can order some online for you to pickup on a pass-by.

I've noticed they aren't on the shelves anywhere around here either. Online is a different world. If you're going to be through the Portland/Salem area anytime, you can always let me know ahead of time and I can order some online for you to pickup on a pass-by.
Appreciate the offer, but I try to stay away from Portland/Seattle and most points In between. ;) I am headed down to Hermiston today in search of affordable primers and powder. My wife thinks we are just going to BiMart for fertilizer. :s0155:

Late yesterday afternoon, I was able to get all of my the brass that I had cleaned in the FART all dried and sorted. I did not anticipate any nesters since I did test and I thought all were compatible but there were a dozen or so.

I figure the 5.8gr bullseye .45 loads are going to be a little bit hot, so I loaded at 5.2gr and at 5.5gr to work up to 5.8gr. Been reading online that the most comfortable and accurate load is 4.6-4.7gr and most don't push it past 5.0gr. Cross referencing Speer and Alliant's data, the start charge is 5.0gr-5.2gr and max charge is from 5.7gr-6.0gr depending on whether or not these projectiles are considered TMJ or CPRN (the same, right?). Tisas says their 1911 pistols can handle +p loads, so I'm not too concerned either way. I got it last fall and still haven't gone out to break it in. I'll run 100rd of Speer Lawman 230gr through it before I take mine for a spin.
20240619_145527.jpg
Also loaded 100 more 9mm with VV N340.
(50) 115gr plated RN, ZSR SP, 5.0gr N340, 1.14"
(50) 115gr plated RN, cci #500 SP, 5.5gr N340, 1.14"
One of these days I'm actually gonna get out and shoot some of these.
20240619_192003.jpg

Not reloading today, but I ordered 1500 ea of new 9mm 124gr fmj and .45 230gr plated RN that arrived. I'll get to check them out when I get home from work tonight. I'm excited to load with some more consistent projectiles since everything I've been loading with so far has been mixed pulls. I'm a bit under balanced and don't have nearly as much .224 projectiles or powder to work with, but I have to give my wallet a rest. The wife is getting on me for how much I've been spending.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top