JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ordered 1K rounds of Hornady 5.56 softpoint ammo from Vizards (they have a slight sale on it).

Getting nervous about Russia & China & NATO.

Can't have too much defensive ammo - especially 5.56 or 7.62

I doubt any invasion of the USA would happen, but sabotage and/or cyber warfare could (it is happening in Europe) and if that escalated we could have a SHTF situation here where locals go "zombie" due to grid down and/or supply chain issues.

I don't think tomatoes need to be blocked from the sun. I have mine in the hoop house for warmth, not to protect them from the sun. We're in NW Montana, so our last frost is usually around mother's day. It's been down to the mid-30s a couple of nights since and last night it was 40°F, so it's still relatively cool. I've grown them outdoors before, but at that time the house blocked them from the late afternoon sun. Last year, my tomato plants got over 7' tall. Of course, you can prune them, but if you get that shade cloth, be prepared to do so. Will they get any shade at all where you plan to grow them, like a nearby tree or fence? If so, I think they will be fine providing they don't get a torrential downpour or heavy wind. I don't think they would appreciate hot, 100°F summer sun for 10+ hours, but they do like 6-8 hours of direct sunlight. This year, I have 8 plants and 4 varieties, all heirlooms, but it's been very cool here, and they are just now starting to take off. So I'm excited to see how they turn out, especially now that they will have consistent water.
They love Lotsa SUN and Lotsa WATER!

They love Lotsa SUN and Lotsa WATER!
Last Frost here is Mid-April.

This was April 22nd:

April 22.jpg

This today June 18th:

June 18.jpg

So two months. Lotsa Flowers, no Toms yet.

So,

Every Time I have a conversation with my good friend @Flopsweat, it seems that I wind up Buying Something that I had Not Intended To Beforehand. :)

Anyway,

After our last conversation, where we attempted to Solve All The World's Problems, but then suddenly came to the Cold Realization that in All Probablilty the End is Near,

I decided that I needed to Buy a Generator.

And I found something that fits my budget, at Tractor Supply Company.

It Arrived Today, and So I now invite You All to Live Vicariously through me during the Great UNBOXING:

View attachment 1900453

I Utilized my Spyderco Native First Generation Blue Ridge Knives Commemorative Edition to Do the Honors:

View attachment 1900454

View attachment 1900455

View attachment 1900456

Here's a View from The Business End...

View attachment 1900457

Here's All the SH*T That Comes With It:

View attachment 1900458

Really Like it So Far. Haven't USED it yet, Tho. o_O

It's Dual Fuel, So Planning to use Propane with it probably.

BUT, Will Go to WallyMart Tomorrow and Get the $16.99 Fuel Suction Siphon Pump to Keep With It, JIC.
Congrats. Sweet looking generator and better to have it. I just wanna give you a heads up in costco wilsonville I bought true 12 gauge 15A extension cord with a roller and ac plug. I couldn't pass it up for 40 bucks. Unless you're looking for a "Flat Cord".
Don't forget the 1 hr break-in and change oil.

1718760806917.png

Last Edited:
I don't think tomatoes need to be blocked from the sun. I have mine in the hoop house for warmth, not to protect them from the sun. We're in NW Montana, so our last frost is usually around mother's day. It's been down to the mid-30s a couple of nights since and last night it was 40°F, so it's still relatively cool. I've grown them outdoors before, but at that time the house blocked them from the late afternoon sun. Last year, my tomato plants got over 7' tall. Of course, you can prune them, but if you get that shade cloth, be prepared to do so. Will they get any shade at all where you plan to grow them, like a nearby tree or fence? If so, I think they will be fine providing they don't get a torrential downpour or heavy wind. I don't think they would appreciate hot, 100°F summer sun for 10+ hours, but they do like 6-8 hours of direct sunlight. This year, I have 8 plants and 4 varieties, all heirlooms, but it's been very cool here, and they are just now starting to take off. So I'm excited to see how they turn out, especially now that they will have consistent water.
Great. I'll just continue watering it and lightly pruning if I need to. I notice some of these are growing fast. Its almost peeking to the wire basket.. I cant wait to consume it....:s0028:
1718767702190.jpeg
1718767791984.jpeg
1718767835287.jpeg

I almost bought some Scepter 20 liter water cans (Cabela's $25/ea), but I did some research.

Apparently there are two different cans (plastic containers) - the main difference being the spouts/vents/etc.

The military cans cost $50+, come in tan, OD & darker blue. They have a wide mouth opening (with a smaller opening built into the cap for the wide opening) that doesn't leak.

The other cans that Cabela's is selling, is a similar shape/size, but has a problematic spout and vent - either of which may leak. Many people complain about the smell/taste and some say that can washed out of it.

My main thing was I don't want a leaky spout/vent. It does me no good if the water leaks from the container during rough handling/usage. I'll stick with the Tuff Jugs.

Nice to go to the range right now and unload a few hundreds.. :s0028:
PS.. Do you guys know where I can buy a not expensive rifle and gun sack? Before I put my firearm in the vault I just want to make sure its covered with a textile or textile bag that is not thick.

Last Edited:
Nice to go to the range right now and unload a few hundreds.. :s0028:
PS Do e you guys know where I can buy a not expensive rifle and gun sack? Before I put my firearm in the vault I just want to make sure its covered with a textile or texrile bag that is not thick.
What you're looking for is a gun sock. Here are a few:

I'm not prepping for the end of days. I''m prepping for the end of me. I've got a ton of gun things like load development and zeroing to said loads. And then make all the pet loads so that when it's time to pass on a gun they get the best ammo for it. Not just a mix n match pile of components. Then there is the yard with a fences to re build, a wood pile garden area, a she shed to build, and who knows what all to do.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top