JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
.218 bee for the win.
Something like that.

Fun factoid, S&W experimented with N-frames in .30 Carbine in the era of the Big One. Alas, never went into production.

1718759004095.png

Just ordered a full case (1000) of Hornady soft point 5.56/.223 for under 50CPR shipped from Vizards (who BTW required a copy of my ODL to confirm my age, and who will require a signature for delivery).

I do consider that a good price for self-defense (expanding) ammo. Gold Dot is around $1.10 per round.

Price trends seen here: https://southerndefense.com/ammo-prices/

seem to indicate prices are down, especially if you consider the inflation of the past 4 years.

I have some largeish bills to pay soon, so I figured another $500 is not much more to pull from IRA. Ammo is an investment in the sense that it is only going to get more expensive in the future (I think it has pretty much bottomed out now) and that if SHTF, certain scenarios will make ammo literally worth its weight in gold.

Also, if you look at the inflation rate for the past 5 years (pre-pandemic to post pandemic), the inflation rate is almost 23% - so current prices are actually fairly good. I am a bit surprised that the prices are not higher than what they are - given inflation and military demand (Ukraine & NATO) for powder, brass & primers.

But I assume that US retail civilian prices are driven by our demand. Wait until later in the year; I expect prices to go up in the months/weeks leading to the election (on the theory that many people will want ammo JIC Biden is re-elected).

Fortunately I am not really short on any ammo in the calibers I stock. I could/want more 9x19, .45 ACP and 7.62x51 - but I am not nervous enough about those to panic buy, so I just keep my eyes open for more good deals.

Naw, haven't been doing any stockpiling. Though I need to replenish some revolver cartridges and soon some .30 Carbine. I regret stockpiling 00-buck 12-gauge and 5.56㎜, because I almost never shoot it, and it just sits. Live and learn, I suppose.
At some point in the future, that ammo may be worth its weight in gold. I do not regret buying ammo for any gun I own - but I do allow that I probably won't ever need 1500 rounds of .44 mag, so I won't be buying more (I got a fair deal on about most of that ammo, which is why I have a lot of it) - I don't see myself shooting up more than about a tenth of what I have.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top