JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am planning on going kayaking to Lake Kachess that is near I-90, so I was wondering if anyone is familiar with this lake? I will be Kayaking solo in Delta 12.10 kayak, so what water condition are generally at this period of year. Are there any spots on the lake I should avoid? Is there a particular spot for kayak lunching?

Cheers,

Dan from Seattle

Beautiful area. Never been there myself, but it looks like a nice lake for kayaking. Found some info on the Forest Service website that might be useful,

There are two boat launches and a picnic area. These water access points accommodate cartoppers and trailer boats and there is parking for vehicles & trailers. The south boat launch is paved; and the north boat launch is maintained gravel. On busy summer weekends, the boat launch and day use parking areas fill up fast.
Kachess Lake is an irrigation reservoir that serves agriculture in the lower Kittitas Valley and Yakima County. Water levels will vary, and typically drop in late summer. The paved boat ramp may be out of service due to low water by mid-August depending on drawdown due to irrigation demands. The primitive boat launch at the north end of the campground near Box Canyon Creek is typically dry by early July.

Might be crowded this time of year. Not unexpected being that close to I-90.

We try to go camping there once a year but it's getting harder and harder to get a site.
My kids only kayak around where we camp and don't go out of site. Water should not be too cold but i haven't been up this year.
Sorry I don't know much more

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top