JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
what set screws? Never seen an actual mil-spec trigger guard come with one... only the Magpul ones and aftermarket ones?
It may not be called a set screw..but a hex screw?

Screenshot 2024-06-25 111801.png

None of my trigger guards have that. They all have a pin that can be depressed to open the guard for winter gloves.
Interesting..that would be nice. Milspec lowers are sort of a pain because while you can use a hex wrench to remove the front screw, the pivot roll pin is pressed in at the rear. You need to be real careful with a punch while removing it or you'll break the aluminum ear off.

Interesting..that would be nice. Milspec lowers are sort of a pain because while you can use a hex wrench to remove the front screw, the pivot roll pin is pressed in at the rear. You need to be real careful with a punch while removing it or you'll break the aluminum ear off.
Granted, the guards I have all look like this
l_078101147_2.jpg
That silver pin is apparently spring loaded and retained by a tiny roll pin. The other hole is for the standard thru roll pin, which should be driven in the holes nearest the grip and not the other hole nearest the magazine well

My AR has bravo company furniture, including trigger guard. No spring loaded pin in those. I can see the benefit. But, if I ever build another one, I'll probably just go with an Aero M4 lower..solid trigger guard.

DftE5ZLWAAAVNgC.jpeg
"Hello, and thank you for contacting Smith & Wesson Customer Service. We show that due to that firearm being discontinued we show that part is currently out of stock. You may use the item number 251350000 to look into ordering the part if possible."- from Smith & Wesson's warranty/repair request department :rolleyes:

Yeah...no; I've already looked for the same part online and no one in the US has them in stock other than the "upgrade" steel ones for SD9/SD40 series :rolleyes:

Confirmed my hunch, and I'll be looking for OEM Glock 19 gen 1-3 recoil spring assemblies

Not directly gun related, but gun adjacent...
Gun Tubers who constantly name drop other Gun Tubers or refer to their reviews as "going tip to butt, grandthumb style". Come up with your own schtick...stop trying ride the flannel shirt tails.
They do that for a few reasons.
1. It's cross-promotion of similar content. A lot of entertainment industries do that to increase individual content creators' market exposure. For example, in live music it's common for one band to mention or hype another band's album, music video, or other material. It helps that person get more fans, sell more merch, etc, which means they get paid more, and generally the person they mentioned will do the same for them at a later time when they're pushing their content.

2. Most of those content creators are friends (or at least acquaintances) in real life. They collaborate on content all the time, so it's natural for them to refer to each other. It's like any company mentioning a business partner in an advertisement, or referencing the well-known product of another company in a similar industry.

3. If someone has a format that works, no need for them to recreate the wheel. The "tip to butt" method of firearm overview is logical, easy for the audience to follow, and keeps the creator from jumping all over the place. Besides, it's not like they can easily switch it up. Going "butt to tip" sounds a little too... kinky. :p

1. It's cross-promotion of similar content. A lot of entertainment industries do that to increase individual content creators' market exposure. For example, in live music it's common for one band to mention or hype another band's album, music video, or other material. It helps that person get more fans, sell more merch, etc, which means they get paid more, and generally the person they mentioned will do the same for them at a later time when they're pushing their content.

2. Most of those content creators are friends (or at least acquaintances) in real life. They collaborate on content all the time, so it's natural for them to refer to each other. It's like any company mentioning a business partner in an advertisement, or referencing the well-known product of another company in a similar industry.

3. If someone has a format that works, no need for them to recreate the wheel. The "tip to butt" method of firearm overview is logical, easy for the audience to follow, and keeps the creator from jumping all over the place. Besides, it's not like they can easily switch it up. Going "butt to tip" sounds a little too... kinky. :p
most of the gun and prepping related youtubers are members of the Leviathan Group, a marketing group

most of the gun and prepping related youtubers are members of the Leviathan Group, a marketing group

I'm guessing they are trying to imply they have a relationship with a famous gun tuber, or they are trying to impress their 100 followers with a name drop. Pretty sure a 100 sub channel is nowhere near Leviathan Group's radar.

Either way it is a pet peeve.

I'm guessing they are trying to imply they have a relationship with a famous gun tuber, or they are trying to impress their 100 followers with a name drop. Pretty sure a 100 sub channel is nowhere near Leviathan Group's radar.

Either way it is a pet peeve.

I dunno, they seem to aggressively seek "promising" content creators and recruit them...

Edit. Looking at the "tribe members", I see many youtubers that a lot of people here greatly dislike.

I dunno, they seem to aggressively seek "promising" content creators and recruit them...

Edit. Looking at the "tribe members", I see many youtubers that a lot of people here greatly dislike.
There are a lot of influencers and content creators I dislike and distrust as little more than shills. Most are not that promising, and I've never have been a fan of the Leviathan Group, which is probably it's own pet peeve. Don't really follow Garandthumb. Did find his recent announcement that he has left Leviathan interesting, though.

There are a lot of influencers and content creators I dislike and distrust as little more than shills. Most are not that promising, and I've never have been a fan of the Leviathan Group, which is probably it's own pet peeve. Don't really follow Garandthumb. Did find his recent announcement that he has left Leviathan interesting, though.
Best thing about garandthumb is that Charlie guy. He is freaking hilarious.

I like seeing the pics. Especially of new pistols like the sig p365 fusion or whatever it's called, the PTR archon, Alien, etc etc.

It's too hard to keep up with all the various models and seeing pics of what people bought is kinda like, "cool, I didn't even know that existed". Similarly I like seeing the older and more obscure pistols and rifles pics for the same reason. Also seeing some interesting configurations gives one ideas about how to configure their own gun.

One of the pleasures of owning firearms..at least for me is...
Showing them off and talking about them.
This is a firearm forum after all...and discussing firearms is a big part of what a forum is all about.

And then there is that old adage...A picture is worth a thousand words...
Or if ya are feelin' a bit bluesy or the like...Every picture tells a story don't it....As Rod Stewart once sang... :D
And all firearms have a story to tell.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top