JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I finished off my reloading activities by loading up 20 more 223 rnds with 4831 powder. This time I used 24 grains with a 75gr bullet. It is a compressed load. I loaded one of the rounds with 25.5 grains which was very compressed and two of the rounds with 25 grains which was also very compressed. The remaining 17rnds have the 24 grain charge. I was still getting significant compression with the 75gr bullet and 24 grain charge. I decided to limit the compression by seating the bullet out further. I did crimp them with a Lee collet crimp die. I chambered a half dozen or so rounds with the longer COAL and they chambered fine.

1000003331.jpg

This pic shows how much longer the 75gr bullet is compared to a 62gr bullet.

1000003330.jpg

Last Edited:
Yesterday it was 257 roberts. 42g of 4350 pushing a 117g spire point hornady interlock. Not going for velocity just accuracy initially. Will be my first rounds out of my rebarreled springfield.

No loading today only un-loading. I shot Bowling pins* with the good'ol boys and then wandered over to the rifle range and did the final zeroing for my 223 and 25-06.
* I shot the pins with the Wadcutter 41 Mags, and they had a plate rack set up so shot that with the Glock 32 and my CZ shadow 2 SAO. I did get to shoot a 2011 Nighthawk for the first time so that was pretty cool.

The last couple of days, 200 rounds of 9mm. Why oh why would I be reloading 9mm, probably the least expensive centerfire pistol cartridge to buy? Because I bought lots of ingredients years ago. I had about 185 sized, flared and primed cases sitting on a shelf. I figured I'd finish them off. With 15 odd to round up to 200.

I used to buy lots of factory seconds bullets from Midway when they were truly low priced. So now I'm loading things like 9mm 124 gr. XTP bullets for target practice.

Just now, I checked my spread sheet of reloading components. I still have 750 count 9mm bullets to load. After that, I'll probably be done considering my shelf of loaded 9mm ammo is already groaning. Lately I haven't been firing it off as fast as I've accumulated it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Back Top