JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
hc=r-UfvvNP-1MQ7kNvgHGBrwf&_nc_ht=scontent.fhio3-1.jpg

There used to be a midway tavern/stripper joint on 99w just west of newberg. Between newberg and dundee. Is that the one you are thinking of? 🤔
No - Midway is just down the road from me. It is closer to Scholls (the real Scholls, the farming community, not the malls/etc. between Tigard/Beaverton). The tavern there is now a pizza joint next to the TVFR station.

I had friends who moved back to Florida after living away a couple of years ago. Moved to Cape Coral and moved into their house 2 weeks before the Hurricane came roaring through there. Most of their stuff was still in boxes. Now the cost of homeowners insurance has skyrocketed (if you can find it) across the state. Price of condos is through the floor as owners are getting 6 figure assessments from their HOAs!!

Thinking of buying a condo in FL?

Aloha, Mark
That's not a Florida thing, that is an HOA thing. Condo HOAs are super common in FL, but they exist basically everywhere. The only real surprise in FL is that residential towers are under increased scrutiny due to, uh, recent failures. As the article says condo HOAs are increasing rates to build up a repair fund in case the stricter inspections require expensive repairs. But if you don't buy a condo, or into any other type of HOA, this will not happen to you.

Not buying in an HOA is just general good advice. Yes there are some good ones that mostly mind their own business unless you start trashing your property, but they seem to be the exception to the rule of overbearing private bureaucracy.

I had read somewhere that insurance company payouts were 120% of premium revenue in the Florida market due to storm damage. Forget what series of storms and what (recent) time period they were talking about..

Lousy situation for sure

l miss the house in Florida and the wonderful natural recreation Florida offers.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top