JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh, where to start?
- Just because nobody's done it yet, would be fun to see a braced PDW or SBR chambered for big bore auto calibers like .50AE, something that takes Desert Eagle mags but with extensions to get capacity up to 20rds. Impractical, maybe, but it would be more practical than the Desert Eagle. :D

- A redesign of the KelTec SU16 / PLR16 series with Magpul Zhukov aesthetics, that uses AR fire controls and grips, and has a proper aluminum top rail instead of polymer. The PLR16 redesign should also have a picatinny rail on the back for mounting of a brace or stock as well. That series has been in circulation for decades and hasn't really changed much.

- A redesign of the HiPoint carbine to correct the ridiculous trigger height, give it decent looking furniture, get rid of that annoying pressed metal receiver cover, and give it a railed back end for a side-folding or collapsing stock. That would take it from a beater POS to a decent budget PCC.

Will add more when time permits.

That's about as good looking as that sort of configuration is going to get.
I'm gonna have to agree, with the can and optic I'm gonna have a hard time not making a poor financial decision when that thing hits the street....

1719202597872.png

.38 j frames have an aluminum frame, the .357 j frames are scandium. It's for strength over aluminum only and it carries a premium nobody wants to pay. That's it. You can find aluminum frame .22 revolvers easy enough. They're light.
But they are not "hunting" revolvers - they are generally snubbies or shorter barrel (3-3.5"). I would like to see a lightweight long barrel small caliber hunting revolver. My point is that a lightweight long barrel hunting revolver in a .22 caliber could easily be made. That is what this thread is about; if I could "invent" a gun that isn't being made, what would I make?

I am quite aware of the characteristics of lightweight scandium/titanium & aluminum revolvers, I own six of them, including two .22 revolvers with an aluminum frame.

I want a 18in .308 bolt gun with an undermount single shot 20ga shotgun. Something along the line of a savage 24 but side loader for the shotgun and internal mag for the .308. Keep it under 8lbs.

A Carbine for 30 Super Carry.

A parts company that takes special requests. For example Quality triggers for old guns like Rem 541.
Maybe even a really good savage trigger (current choices aren't working for me) Some would say they already have this, it is called Rem 700...

John Wick's Ballistic Tailor

How many wishes do I get?

I want a 18in .308 bolt gun with an undermount single shot 20ga shotgun. Something along the line of a savage 24 but side loader for the shotgun and internal mag for the .308. Keep it under 8lbs.
As much as I like combo guns, not sure how that would work.

The Crossfire was the opposite; shotgun on top, rifle on the bottom - both were pump repeaters (the shotgun took its shells from a tube in the stock?). I suppose you could have a rifle take its ammo from the stock instead.

As much as I like combo guns, not sure how that would work.

The Crossfire was the opposite; shotgun on top, rifle on the bottom - both were pump repeaters (the shotgun took its shells from a tube in the stock?). I suppose you could have a rifle take its ammo from the stock instead.
Or you could do something closer to the OICW ;) bullpup rifle top, shotgun bottom with conventional magazine

My point is that a lightweight long barrel hunting revolver in a .22 caliber could easily be made.
Actually one WAS made at one time - the High Standard Sentinel.

Very trim, lightweight and well built.

Keep your eye out and you may find one - but they have seemed to found 'collector' status in the last few years and are getting hard to find.

IMG_2575.JPG

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top