JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Your favorite Magnum cartridge?

• .22 WMR

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • .32 H&R Magnum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • .327 Federal Magnum

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • .357 Magnum

Votes: 29 46.8%
  • .41 Magnum

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • .44 Magnum

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • .454 Casull

• .460 Magnum

• .500 Magnum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other, none, something else

• Total voters
327 Federal Magnum

I shoot the Ruger SP101 with a 3" barrel
I have recently added one to the herd ... so far I love it!

1000001675.jpg

You can shoot the semi-rimmed .32ACP in the revolver too. The jump to the cylinder throat is long, affecting accuracy and velocity, but in a pinch this is another viable option.

I shoot .38 Short in a .357 Magnum when shooting ICORE. The effect is pretty much the same as .32ACP in the .327 Mag. The shorter, stubby rounds load faster from speed-loaders and for that games purposes are plenty accurate and can meet minimum power factor requirements.

I highly doubt that short of a round would feed properly in that Henry however.

Side note: That is a great looking rifle! To my eyes pistol grips and large lever loops look just plain weird on a.lever gun ... but then there is the fact that I AM wierd!

My favorite is the 460Mag, that being said the people next to me at the range don't like it. I have on more than one occasion had someone ask if my gun blew up because it was so loud. Nope, just 65,000 psi letting loose with an effective brake. Mine is a 8 3/8" barrel, my friends 4" barrel has even more of a bark. The only ones on the list I don't have are the 327 family and the 41 Mag. I love revolvers more than any other platform. My favorite to shoot is my S&W 617 22lr, just easy to ring steel all day long.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top