JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Even used Jeeps are asking STUPID money for a non abused, decent wrangler TJ//XJ. Granted they are the best Jeep Jeep ever made, but DAMN, 200k on the clock and still near 10K asking price for what is basically a worn out toy, nope! Try and find a good running and decent shape CJ-7 with a good hard top, NOPE, if you do, it's a roach hotel and they want 8k for it!

Few years ago, a 70's to late 80's Wagoneer was less then 3K for a decent one, now the junkers are getting more then that, and forget the J series trucks, looked at a really sweeet 74 J-4000 1 ton all original with the Buick 350, I really wanted that truck, but it was priced WAY too high, I couldn't see paying close to 11K for such, knowing it would take another 10K to restore it! All I want is a good vintage truck to resto-mod so I basically have a new truck in an old classic, better then ever, but not a 80K+ new truck, or new truck payment!

@Ura-Ki Pretty much out here, the top 10 overpriced categories for vehicles

1. 4x4 anything

2. Anything Toyota

3. Anything Subaru

4. Most Jeeps (CJ, Wrangler, Cherokee)

5. Air cooled VWs

6. Diesel trucks

7. Cargo vans

8. Step vans

9. Police vehicles

10. Sports/RWD/pony cars
I am sure you are aware, both diesel & 4x4 add significant complexity, weight and cost to a truck.

The extra axle, transfer case, drive shaft, different front suspension, etc.

A diesel engine is usually more costly, the extra parts of the fuel delivery system (extra filters, water separator, etc.), and the added weight usually requires a different suspension all around, at least in the front.

That said, yes, the manufacturers/dealers do charge a "premium" (*cough* profit *cough*) due to demand.

1. 4x4 anything

2. Anything Toyota

3. Anything Subaru

5. Air cooled VWs

6. Diesel trucks

7. Cargo vans

8. Step vans

9. Police vehicles

10. Sports/RWD/pony cars
Before I moved out here last summer my had the option of rebuilding my 98 Forester or buying a replacement. Similar years and mileage (220k) were around $6K, which was 3x what I was willing to pay. Ended up spending $7k on rebuilding mine from the wheels up, but wound up with a new driveline, suspension, and a 70k engine.

Doing the same to an outback for my son now for around $5k and a 40k engine.

Long winded way of saying that Subarus are overpriced in both coasts, and only through hundreds of beers and labor hours was I able to get something affordable and reliable for a decent price. Probably saved at least 10k between the two of them over what I would have paid for something with similar mileage.

The cheapest vehicles, nowadays, other than Toyota and certain Hondas; sedans and 2wd crossovers.

Passenger vans are priced between sedans and SUVs but some versions command a premium (4x4 vans in particular, especially Mercedes Benz Sprinters, but also conversion vans)

RVs have always been relatively overpriced for what they offer IMO.

1. 4x4 anything

2. Anything Toyota

3. Anything Subaru

5. Air cooled VWs

6. Diesel trucks

7. Cargo vans

8. Step vans

9. Police vehicles

10. Sports/RWD/pony cars
I got the Yota and VW covered...will agree :s0112:

Didnt do too bad on my Bug, traded into it for less than 3k
IMG_9039.jpeg

Anybody have experience with the Toyota Sequoia? Reliable and longevity?
1st, 2nd, or 3rd Gen? All great in their own way (3rd Gen is young still but essentially a rebadged 300 Series Land Cruiser, so I expect it to do well over time, as usual). Depends on your goals. My dad is building out an '18 Sequoia right now. Took it up on some of the easy trails in TSF last week and did wonderfully. Personally, I prefer LCs (100 is my dedicated trail rig, and I daily a 200 partially into its build for later).

What are you trying to achieve with it?

IMG_1187.jpeg IMG_1188.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top