JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I travel the hi way's and byway's a lot and the caliber of motorcycle rider and the risks they take is to the 10th power

Is see some really stupid maneuver's and at well above the posted limit

To be honest with you I don't want to see anymore dead bike riders

Last one I saw his head was decapitated granted it was mostly contained in the helmet still gruesome

I rode a Harley in the early 1980's. Sold it when I worked as an orderly in hospital and had to tend to a young man around 20 years old who was brain damaged as well as physically damaged from his motorcycle accident. His life would never be the same, and working with him changed my life too!

Years ago in San Diego, I got pulled over for lane splitting at a light. It was legal on the highway, if traffic was traveling more than, I think it was 10 MPH below the speed limit. Makes sense, as when the law was written a lot of bikes were air cooled. Today, I'm still in favor of that law.

My concern about trying to get to the front of cars at a red light is that as the leader of the platoon, when some idiot turns in front of you, I'd be wishing I wasn't so anxious to be the leader.

I rode motorcycles for a number of years while in the Service, stationed in ID and Germany. Was a lot of fun. Here in the blue goo part of WA, the climate is very not rider friendly imo. From the cost of insurance, the number of under and uninsured motorists as well as the stoopit drivers (and riders) in general make it more risky than I like.

Haven't read all 7 pages (so far), but my rule is ride like everyone else is out to kill you, so keep your distance and be prepared to take evasive action. 50+ yrs in the seat.

Haven't read all 7 pages (so far), but my rule is ride like everyone else is out to kill you, so keep your distance and be prepared to take evasive action. 50+ yrs in the seat.
Technically, you should drive your car like that too. Here in P-town it's necessary.

Don't open your door, just hug the line.
Once I was coming up through the tunnel on hwy 26. There was an unexpected down pour and traffic was almost to a stop. I started lane splitting to get out of that area and a guy in an old lifted Blazer kept blocking me. Rolling to both extremes of the #1 lane. Traffic was now stopped and he jumped out of his truck, pointing and yelling, I was trying to kill myself. He was doing a pretty good job with his 5000lb beast!.

As all 4ft tall of him got close to me, I revved my engine and popped the clutch. His eyes 👀 got big as saucers as he ran back to his truck and cursed me as I slowly road by, lane splitting all the way to Beaverton.

I don't get why some people won't intercede in other crimes, but will literally try to kill a motorcyclists (with love?), claiming, it's for the greater good.

Now that's uncalled for. Maybe because, in MY case, watching a person on a bike take on the extra risk of lane splitting doesn't ire me in the least. So you'd get no attitude/reaction from me.

I'm not interested in anyone's ire, but if you're trying to impede someone just because you're a jealous bubblegum, well, you've earned whatever gesture comes your way.

It takes the exact same amount of effort to move to the left to block someone as it does to move to the right to give them space.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top