JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been selling for a number of years on Gun Broker. Lately I've found gun prices going soft as I think that many prospective purchasers have less disposable income because of runaway inflation. My tip is if you want to get a feel for current prices is to go into Gun Broker, click on the "advanced" tab, click "completed items" then enter information about the firearm you are interested in. This returns sales results for the last 90 days. No matter how valuable you think your own gun is, it's not going to sell for more than others have in the last 90 days. When I'm selling estate guns, I start at $100 less than the last 90 days sale prices to get some bidding going and lately that has not been enough of a price reduction. Want to know why it is hard to sell on Northwest Firearms? It's likely because you are priced more than someone can buy somewhere else.
+1 on GB completed auctions for recent, bonafide sales. Keep in mind though, GB has huge, nationwide exposure. NWFA has a much smaller audience. I've seen items for sale here that never sold. Those same items would have sold on GB, for more $, in a heartbeat!

Last Edited:
At least no one on NWF asked me to ship anything without payment. Might be hard to sell to ya'll, but I would choose any of you over barfcom of given the choice any time no questions asked.

IMG_7372.jpeg

Honestly I get both sides. It's part why I decided to hold off on selling till I move to Texas and have Texas ID as I have no luck selling here. Buying I've got 3 guns here ammo, accessories, guns, I've always had better luck at auction even with transfer fee. I think no sales tax makes online auctions more tempting and mandatory background check. As a buyer, I've almost always been able to get a better deal waiting around a few weeks on a auction for guns I like here and I can have it sent to my ffl at my convenience. That said, I do think people including myself are very much on the cheap side. I've listed mags here that sit for weeks and I put them on another site and offer 10$ shipping they sell within same day or a week. I only buy if it's a "steal" here as I got a lot of guns, if I don't buy a gun here I'll Find a equivalent gun I want for a good price elsewhere anyways, though I look at gun prices daily like a crack addic so I probably can get "deals" easier but I have to work searching hard and waiting for right gun right price. Plus I mainly like pd marked guns and milsurp and some of that I find cheaper elsewhere even in WTB ads so I've given up.

I like the reply of been here for x years...

I know of companies older than this guy who will still screw you over if they think they can get away with it. I'm still owed $3k from a broker that's pretty old.

IMG_7373.jpeg

Legit makes no sense. Post guns for a deal and then everyone wants to lowball you more. Then they expect you to also pay transfer fees. Like how does that even make any sense. Go buy a brand new gun. Your FFL doesn't pay your fees. Why should I.

It just blows my mind that you can't post a gun for a decent price and it sell. It's always lowball. Or drive to Oregon for asking price. It just doesn't make any sense.
New to nwf but it's the same everywhere. Just like selling a car/truck always having people low ball.

Guns seem to gain value in two situations: (1) they are historical (my1 Garand) or they aren't making them the same way anymore (west German Sig, original Colt Python line-up). For the latter, it's very anecdotal - many would think a new python is more durable than a classic.

(2) the manufacturer is growing in eminence and raising the prices accordingly. Problem is, guns are always theoretically being improved. So even if Daniel defense is much more expensive than it used to be the newer model is theoretically the best ever. Maybe some of the custom guns this is true for. Don't own an atlas or infinity gun, but I think they used to be much cheaper.

What have you guys had luck gaining value other than the above?

Guns seem to gain value in two situations: (1) they are historical (my1 Garand) or they aren't making them the same way anymore (west German Sig, original Colt Python line-up). For the latter, it's very anecdotal - many would think a new python is more durable than a classic.

(2) the manufacturer is growing in eminence and raising the prices accordingly. Problem is, guns are always theoretically being improved. So even if Daniel defense is much more expensive than it used to be the newer model is theoretically the best ever. Maybe some of the custom guns this is true for. Don't own an atlas or infinity gun, but I think they used to be much cheaper.

What have you guys had luck gaining value other than the above?
Guns I bought 40 years ago are worth more today even used than I paid for them back then.

Why is it so hard to sell on NWF?
Look at prices at the Local gun stores!
Just a couple examples:

A pristine 1984 manufacture Remington 700 BDL 7RM with Leupold vxII 3-9 and beautiful, high gloss walnut furniture: $675 + tax & $18 WSP fee.

A Mossberg 152 in great condition with period correct 3/4" tube scope, very nice walnut stock, but missing the original peep sight. (easily acquired from Havlin Sales) $150 + tax & $18 WSP fee.

No transfer fees, no scheduling a meet up with a seller. Hold them in your hands before buying, no argument about who holds the $ during the ridiculous 10 day wait.
These associated fees will be paid on ANY wa purchase.
I didn't look at any plastic fantastic handguns but I think similar deals could be easily found on those as well.
These prices beat anything I've seen on the classifieds here.

Last Edited:
The classifieds here are the strangest I've ever seen. The number of people who are either lazy, ignorant, or incompetent, or possibly all of the above, is mind boggling. Makes Craigslist flakes look like geniuses.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top