JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pro Tip :
The rub used in Malcolm's recipe posted above is now available at your local Walmarks !
killer-hogs-the-bbq-rub-913317_550x825.jpg
This is a pork and chicken rub
IMG]

My Dad and uncle grew up in Memphis. Our go to was always Corky's, if I remember right. Last time we were there, I was a little underwhelmed but still pretty darn good. I think I was spoiled because our family sauce recipe is really good.

Looks dry, tell me it wasn't :)
That's the ribs as they hit the table. Throw sauce on there then eat . Wash down with beer , repeat.

But yeah as a rule Memphis style ribs from a rib joint in Memphis are going to come on the very well done side. Crispy. I travel quite a bit between KC and Memphis as I have a couple of projects Im overseeing in both this year and KC ribs are going to be considerably less cooked but without the HOT SAUCE flavor. Too sweet for my likes to be honest but like this week it's nice to go back and forth between styles. .

The company that I "work" for has an in house food guru with a great database of restaurants to hit . He takes it very seriously.

Last Edited:
Rendezvous has, without a doubt, the best ribs in Memphis. Last time I was there our server had worked there for 50 years or something. He asked what I wanted to drink and I told him I wasn't sure yet and I'd have a water for now. He said "for now? Don't walk me, boy". We all lost it

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top