JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From where our house sits we can see fireworks going off from Portland to Saint Helens { all along the columbia river } - seems no one is really paying attention to the restrictions.
Thankfully I am outside Vancouver city limits but when they banned them inside the city limits I heard they were paying overtime to catch people and give out those $500 tickets. I idea if they will keep that up or not but they have a 1 day allowance here for the day of the 4th and people are doing the once every couple hours thing - which doesn't really bother us any. But the ones like @Mikej mentioned after 10pm are super annoying.

Thankfully I am outside Vancouver city limits but when they banned them inside the city limits I heard they were paying overtime to catch people and give out those $500 tickets. I idea if they will keep that up or not but they have a 1 day allowance here for the day of the 4th and people are doing the once every couple hours thing - which doesn't really bother us any. But the ones like @Mikej mentioned after 10pm are super annoying.
I give a lot of leeway on "The 4th of July". It has ALWAYS been the best holiday of the year. Even when I was a real kid. Some of the parties we've had/been to. WOOF! Up and down the street was pall of smoke, if it was a calm night. But come 11:00 pm, time to wind down. And done at midnight. Kind of a bummer actually. Seems all that's left is the guys with the HUGE boomers. And doing them here and there until 2:00 am. I miss seeing the faces of the young kids, huddled up under blankets watching the adults do the "adult" fireworks after they've done their smaller stuff earlier in the night.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top