JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lol i've had people go "great price!!.. anyway, will you take this much off?"
I generally price my stuff to sell. But it's not hard to do a tiny tiny bit of research to figure out my prices are fine.
And yes, buyers always pay for their own transfer fee.

I think what people need to understand too is no one cares if you live far away.
If you live far away from me and want whatever I got. Deal with the drive because I will not drive unless it's a big sale.
Crying to the seller about fuel costs is a waste of breath. I will not hear it.

"90 percent of success in life is just showing up."

Woody Allen.
(the figure is remembered at 75-90% depending on who you talk to)

...and then there's those of us who figure the remainder is knowing what you are showing up for. :cool:

I did purchase a 113 year old pistol from NWF, after looking for a year, I found one right here on the site, good condition and a good price, shoots like a dream too, seller is a super cool guy and a bit of a gun nut.

This was close to two years ago now, the prices on GB auctions are much lower than back then.

I think on top of the outrageous asking prices in the classifieds as stated, people are feeling it now. and many are just trying to keep their heads above water, and a bunch more don't want to get into a barely surviving mode <--- that is me.

This is what Henry has posted on their web site re. warranty. If they do warranty work for subsequent owners, then it may be a goodwill gesture. Which is all well and good. But not official and is deniable as circumstances might demand.

"Henry Repeating Arms firearms are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship. Any such defects of which Henry Repeating Arms receives notice after the date of purchase by the original owner will be remedied by Henry Repeating Arms without charge as quickly as possible following the delivery of the firearm as provided below."
I'd like to see that. I perused around the site but couldn't find it. Do you have a link to it by chance?

I've been selling for a number of years on Gun Broker. Lately I've found gun prices going soft as I think that many prospective purchasers have less disposable income because of runaway inflation. My tip is if you want to get a feel for current prices is to go into Gun Broker, click on the "advanced" tab, click "completed items" then enter information about the firearm you are interested in. This returns sales results for the last 90 days. No matter how valuable you think your own gun is, it's not going to sell for more than others have in the last 90 days. When I'm selling estate guns, I start at $100 less than the last 90 days sale prices to get some bidding going and lately that has not been enough of a price reduction. Want to know why it is hard to sell on Northwest Firearms? It's likely because you are priced more than someone can buy somewhere else.

For me it's the hassle factor. Having to wait 10 days and making a couple trips to the FFL prevents me from doing my silly impulse buys no matter how great a deal it is. I miss the days of walking in filling out a form, presenting my drivers license and CPL then walking out with the firearm or doing pre 594 transactions.

Haven't sold a lot of firearms but for everything else when I try to sell (cameras, cars, etc), always check what's the current market price for used and new. When I look at used firearms I at least check the forums and gun deals for comparison. Most of the times when things are not selling, the price is not right.
Also things depreciate, if you don't want to carry the burden then choose wisely when you buy, applies to most hobby things.

it's a tough market I have a g48 with night sites 2 shield mags like new in the box and all I get is some trade offers, I see them in gun stores for 450 bone stock. i'm only asking 325 the night sights alone are 100 the shield mags are 80 extended slide release 25 and the metal mag release is another 25. not sure if everyone is broke or what but it's pretty odd. I remember not long ago when the gun shelves were empty.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top