JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Like every commercial on television targeted to anyone over 50. :rolleyes:
OFF TOPIC ALERT!!!!

I use the "Pause" button all the time while were watching TV. As in, when were getting dinner on the table, putting dishes away, go to the bathroom. After pausing, for up to 20 minutes, I have 20 minutes to fast-forward through commercials. It's a blessing!

Sooo about those glocks 😂
At least you didn't have to pay extra for this thread to enter the BONUS round

But

1719335802473.png

🤣🤣🤣

To get back to the OP's original point, you can walk into the Lacey Cabela's today and they have - brand new, in stock ready to go - a Ruger LCP .380 for $219.99 or a Ruger Security-9 10+1 9mm for $294.99. Thanks to modern mass production using advanced materials and manufacturing processes, you can buy a reliable, Made in USA, brand new handgun for under 300 bucks and only pay bgc fee and state sales tax. No transfer fee. No shipping. No coordinating a meet-up with a stranger on his schedule. How can anyone possibly compete with that? You can't. You'd have to literally GIVE an LCP away to make it worth someone's time and effort. Pretty much the same with all lower end Ruger, Glock, and Smith M&P auto pistols, as well as lower end plastic stocked hunting rifles and shotguns. Just the world we live in. In relative terms, I don't think basic utility-type lower end firearms have ever been better, cheaper, or more difficult to sell used than they are today.

My opinion and experience is that when I decide to sell a gun, I'm going to sell it. And I do not want to put it back in the safe. I would adjust/lower the price according to the demand in the market either on NWF ads or Gunbroker. I'm never desperate enough to sell to a pawn shop or gun shop because they will pay you 50% of what they can sell it for.

I know people who jam-packed their safes with guns that they want to sell. They are not willing to take a loss. They would say if they don't get the price they want, they will keep it and hope to get their price or more in the future. It may be true for some guns.

I followed it up with a call to the company and Henry actually warrants their firearms regardless of who the owner is or how old it is.
This is what Henry has posted on their web site re. warranty. If they do warranty work for subsequent owners, then it may be a goodwill gesture. Which is all well and good. But not official and is deniable as circumstances might demand.

"Henry Repeating Arms firearms are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship. Any such defects of which Henry Repeating Arms receives notice after the date of purchase by the original owner will be remedied by Henry Repeating Arms without charge as quickly as possible following the delivery of the firearm as provided below."

I know people who jam-packed their safes with guns that they want to sell. They are not willing to take a loss. They would say if they don't get the price they want, they will keep it and hope to get their price or more in the future. It may be true for some guns.
Some people who own guns have them for personal protection or for hunting. Those people usually have one or a few. But I know a great many more "gun people" who have scads of guns. For this group of people, it's a hobby. Hobbies often cost money out of pocket. So to "lose" money on a gun isn't a sin. Particularly if part of the hobby is buy, sell and trade.

Another thing to remember when considering new vs. used. There are lots of broken and altered guns floating around out there. For some people, paying the difference between current production new and used guns means winding up with something that is fully functional.

Coincidentally this was in my promotions mailbox tab this morning.

Current Used Gun Grab bag pile...

i don't think I've ever seen a 'mystery box' sale for firearms before. Kind of a statement on the used gun market IMO.
I see hi point carbine(s?) Some mossberg or similar shotguns, several Glock copies (looks like P80s or other cheap glock copies?) And some ARs... too much of a risk though?

Doesn't anyone here work anymore???
Seems a lot are on dont it.. it is Summer break for those in the educational field, and a lot of seasonal workers..
Maybe a lot are just goofing off at work on phones? Who knows.

Perhaps a lot of the potential buyers here just want lower than retail prices, transfers/bg check fees included; perhaps they're busy paying for kids summer activities like camps, sports, swim lessons, so on.. or paying for daycare for those whose parents both work, speaking of which... I'm seeing ever increasingly high costs of daycares to the point its cheaper to just have 1 parent work and 1 parent stay home.

If I'm going to buy something used, be it a guitar, watch, gun or car, it's going to be in excellent or like-new condition and priced 25-40% less than what I would buy if for new. Otherwise I'll buy new.

Regarding Glock specifically - there's obviously a lot of overlap between active/former military or police and potential firearms buyers. That means any seller is also competing with Glock's Blue Label program, where I can get a brand new Gen 5 non-MOS G19 for $398.

It really makes used Glocks a hard sell.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top