JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It will be interesting to see if this election period brings out a lot more buyers.

I voluntarily gave up my transfer fee discount from the shop, so if I buy anymore items from other than the shop's inventory. I will be paying full freight on transfer fees.

That will leave more deals for you guys.

Back to the original post/topic... Maybe folks are buying goods that don't get sold on this forum? Food, clothes, ammo, gasoline/kerosene/candles, beer, etc.. and not talking about it?
I switched from buying guns to buying powder, both smokeless and black. Once I am comfortable with powder supply, I am going to pick up a few more muzzleloaders. Then it will be on to buying pistol slides and AR upper parts. I think I have enough serialized stuff to keep me occupied for a decade or three.

Not much buyers but a lot of tire kickers that want pictures of every screw and they become a ghost!
This^ I've gotten so many messages asking specific questions and then after answering, they disappear. Even had one person asking what color a gun part was that I was selling. I confirmed what the picture showed, which was that it was black.......no response. Guess they were looking for pink.

Goods and services are much higher now than 2022 when this thread was started, people are broke as a joke.

I have to think firearm sales are a bit tough right now.

Goods and services are much higher now than 2022 when this thread was started, people are broke as a joke.

I have to think firearm sales are a bit tough right now.
Say it ain't so!

After several years now, hopefully most people have made the adjustments to the new realities. Firearms and bullets have taken a break from where they were. It would take something drastically new or possibly a law change (although I did replace a lower. 2200 in the que). That was only to gift card so it was basically free.

Last Edited:
I am picking up a pistol next week from a seller on here and I sold some parts a couple weeks ago. so it's not totally dead just slow due to the economy. Sellers want top dollar and buyers want a deal more so than ever right now.

I am also putting funds into other hobbies like my Jeep because the price of ammo is too damn high. I have a good stockpile from years of buying, but I just can't bring myself to shoot it like I used to.

Last Edited:
I haven't bought a new (or used) gun in several years. Oh I have seen a few online I liked, and one recently on this forum I followed up on - and would have liked - but time and distance were not in the cards at the time and it sold to another. If it were local, or a lot closer, it would be in my hands!

I came CLOSE to buying a RIA 9mm 1911 about a year ago in the LaPine Bi Mart - but it was the standard model and I had had been wanting the 'Rock' version - but I did give it some serious thought at the time.

Bottom line - for me anyway - other commitments, things I need to do etc. put new guns on the 'back burner' but I plan to do more shooting this summer, and have been cleaning and straightening up my loading bench, been cleaning the guns I have - so no lack of interest - just going to concentrate on what I have.

Last Edited:
Years ago, and maybe it lasted for years, everything was on sale. Want a once-shot SR9, Star something 9mm from 1962, CZ pattern Canik, Steyr M9 that's only been looked at? $200.

Bought deep, stacked deep.

Now, as I get closer and closer to my sunset years, I'm only interested in blued steel. That still costs $$$, deals on quality revolvers and lever actions (yet to purchase one) are few and far between :)

I came CLOSE to buying a RIA 9mm 1911 about a year ago in the LaPine Bi Mart - but it was the standard model and I had had been wanting the 'Rock' version - but I did give it some serious thought at the time.
A year to two ago Taylor's & Company were clearing out their rebranded Armscor 1911s - picked up a 9mm (yes, Browning is rolling over in his grave) and a 10mm for $239 & $269 respectively. Also picked up a Tisas in 45ACP for under $300 (I know nothing of 1911s, but racking the slide on the Armscor is noticeably slicker).

Deals to be had if you play the long game.

My observations are the numbers of guns has greatly decreased and other items dominate the website. Second, with the government cases and new laws has possibly slowed the marketing.

My observations are the numbers of guns has greatly decreased and other items dominate the website. Second, with the government cases and new laws has possibly slowed the marketing.
I live in WA, I'm allowed to purchase a single shot revolver.

Imagine that's had an effect on the 'local' scene.

I'm thinking the economy is keeping buyers away at this point. I have a couple of pistols listed now for sale at a substantial loss, and I've gotten quite a few trade offers (fair ones, but just not what I'm looking for), but no cash offers at all.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top