JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Funny I have the older version of the one shot for the browning buckmark (sbr). Works really well.

Let me dig up my buckmark and verify the bubbits one fits the buckmark. They are made for Glocks vs the older version of the one shot is made for all pistols. The place to buy the bubbits is RTG parts.
Ok so I tested it and:

1) it's too narrow to just slide on a buckmark with wood grips. You can see how the grips are flaring out the plastic sides of it. Don't know about other grips. You can squeeze it and it will go on but as soon as you let off it will pop itself back off (see pics)
2) length of pull is excellent and stability is great, but with the caveat that you are sort of forcing it in the wide buckmark grips which is not ideal. One shot old version doesn't have this issue.
3) it works but is not as ideal as the old version one shot. But it's way way cheaper. I'm sure on Glocks it would work great cuz it's made for that size grip. Haven't tried it on those yet.

This is what I mean about being too narrow. You can see it tends to be at a slight angle either left or right. This doesn't affect holding or shooting it. Just not perfect fit which would leave it at no angle.

IMG_7275.jpeg
But when you squeeze it those sides flare out and it works although not ideally like the old version of one shot. Here I'm holding it fully onto the gun.
IMG_7269.jpeg
When you let go it pops itself off due to grips a bit too wide for it.
IMG_7273.jpeg
Hope that makes sense. Old version of one shot is at hkparts but used to be $200, verses $60 for this. Old version of one shot is wider so fits fine on buckmark and pretty much anything else. Old version of one shot uses regular pistol AR buffer tube and brace is adjustable for length via 2 Allen screws.

Last Edited:
Looks like the one shot (old version) is on sale for $149 at hk parts. Probably on clearance cuz discontinued. rhis is the version to buy. This old version uses an actual brace. The new version is much more like a stock. They claim it's "not a stock" and therefore doesn't have to be a brace now. I don't like that personally. I would go with the old version over the new cuz we know braces are legal. Fits on almost any pistol and uses standard AR pistol buffer tube so you can put different braces on it (that fit that diameter tube).

Hk parts old version of one shot, this is the one I would recommend for several reasons: legality, adjustability, can put other braces in it, works on wide range of pistols cuz it's pretty wide.

A video on the new one shot by a clearly skeptical 2A/gun rights lawyer. They ruined it with the new one imo. Old one works awesome and uses a regular brace. I talked to Robert Gilmore the inventor for about an hour and a half on the phone. Interesting guy. But his older version is much better than the new imo.

View: https://youtu.be/Tn7Vn5gz5dk?si=JMCxfvdQg6989TpV

Last Edited:
Funny you mention buckmark. I have the older version of the one shot for the browning buckmark (SBR). Works really well. One shot and bubbits are the only 2 products I know of that work this way with no attachment to the pistol just held on by your grip.

Let me dig up my buckmark and verify the bubbits one fits the buckmark. They are made for Glocks vs the older version of the one shot is made for all pistols. The place to buy the bubbits is RTG parts.

Here is the place
Unless I am missing it don't yet see one like this for other guns but DAMN I like the idea. Almost makes me want to buy a Damn Glock just to have one of these. :D

Looks like the one shot (old version) is on sale for $149 at hk parts. Probably on clearance cuz discontinued. rhis is the version to buy. This old version uses an actual brace. The new version is much more like a stock. They claim it's "not a stock" and therefore doesn't have to be a brace now. I don't like that personally. I would go with the old version over the new cuz we know braces are legal. Fits on almost any pistol and uses standard AR pistol buffer tube so you can put different braces on it (that fit that diameter tube).

Hk parts old version of one shot, this is the one I would recommend for several reasons: legality, adjustability, can put other braces in it, works on wide range of pistols cuz it's pretty wide.

A video on the new one shot by a clearly skeptical 2A/gun rights lawyer. They ruined it with the new one imo. Old one works awesome and uses a regular brace. I talked to Robert Gilmore the inventor for about an hour and a half on the phone. Interesting guy. But his older version is much better than the new imo.

View: https://youtu.be/Tn7Vn5gz5dk?si=JMCxfvdQg6989TpV
Well I did not see the damn video before I posted. So here is Oneshot

I will be ordering one!

Well I did not see the damn video before I posted. So here is Oneshot

I will be ordering one!
Up to you but imo that could be viewed as a stock. They claim because it doesn't attach it's not a stock. If you believe them great but I don't. Especially after talking to the inventor (he had a ton of claims). I would go for the older version for the reasons mentioned above, but just my opinion. The lawyers reaction is the same as mine. Extremely skeptical of the not a stock claim. Extremely underlined and bolded actually ha ha. The old version is a brace no question.

Up to you but imo that could be viewed as a stock. They claim because it doesn't attach it's not a stock. If you believe them great but I don't. Especially after talking to the inventor (he had a ton of claims). I would go for the older version for the reasons mentioned above, but just my opinion. The lawyers reaction is the same as mine. Extremely skeptical of the not a stock claim. Extremely underlined and bolded actually ha ha. The old version is a brace no question.
Already placed the order for one. They let you use Amazon to pay for it. So will see if the alphabet boys stop it from being delivered. :D

My only use would be for a .22 LR semi-pistol (like a Buckmark with scope & suppressor) for hunting small game.

I just don't see myself in a scenario where I need to shoot a 9mm/.40/.45 ACP at the ranges where this would be useful. I think at self-defense ranges (for a pistol at least), I don't really need a brace like this. Hunting would be one scenario - but if I am hunting, I would be using a rifle (hunting small game with a .22 pistol while hunting large game with a centerfire rifle, would be the exception).

My only use would be for a .22 LR semi-pistol (like a Buckmark with scope & suppressor) for hunting small game.

I just don't see myself in a scenario where I need to shoot a 9mm/.40/.45 ACP at the ranges where this would be useful. I think at self-defense ranges (for a pistol at least), I don't really need a brace like this. Hunting would be one scenario - but if I am hunting, I would be using a rifle (hunting small game with a .22 pistol while hunting large game with a centerfire rifle, would be the exception).
The one I have on the way claims it will work with my Ruger MK's. Its winging its way to me Priority mail so will see soon enough. I fully expect it will be nothing more than fun. The Target 10inch barrel one I bought Wife may be a hoot to shoot with this thing. Best part will be seeing if the Range Master complains if they see me using it. They never had a second look at me with an AR pistol with a brace when I had one so will see soon enough. This is DEFINITELY in the category of impulse buy / toy for me. The one they make for Glock looks MUCH better and has me damn near wanting to buy a damn Glock just for that :s0140:

The one I have on the way claims it will work with my Ruger MK's. Its winging its way to me Priority mail so will see soon enough. I fully expect it will be nothing more than fun. The Target 10inch barrel one I bought Wife may be a hoot to shoot with this thing. Best part will be seeing if the Range Master complains if they see me using it. They never had a second look at me with an AR pistol with a brace when I had one so will see soon enough. This is DEFINITELY in the category of impulse buy / toy for me. The one they make for Glock looks MUCH better and has me damn near wanting to buy a damn Glock just for that :s0140:
Rule of thumb for 9mm is it will triple the range you can be accurate at (if using a red dot). Shorter range your groups will be much smaller also. Don't know if that holds true for .22 though due to variability inherent in the ammo (Eley match probably would show that). I will say this, normally the red dot will move as you try to shoot long range, with shoulder stabilization that dot is as steady as a rock (ie same difference as non stabilized pistol vs shoulder stabilized rifle, the less the gun moves when the shot goes off the more accurate you will be).

Already placed the order for one. They let you use Amazon to pay for it. So will see if the alphabet boys stop it from being delivered. :D
Update on the One-Shot:
It is a TON of damn fun!
The good: The one rated to fit 1911 does fit mine very well. It claimed it would fit my Ruger MKs and it worked great on them too. On the target model I bought Wife with the 10" tube it was really a blast. Using a Dot by Burris it let me make ragged one hole groups seemingly with out really trying. Don't I wish my aging eyes would let me do this off hand any more. :s0140: On the 1911 I took it was almost that good. It puts the irons a little closer to me but my aging eyes still only will do so much. Still made rapid moving from one target to another FAR, FAR easier. Bottom line it was a LOT of damn fun. At home if I had time to slap on a set of the muffs I keep for this that allow me to hear but block gun fire I would have no problem using this thing on a 1911. Super simple to just drop it if needed. It even worked on my old Ruger P89 and on Wife's Ruger American. On both of these the grips are too wide for it to feel like it "locked in". The pistol will move up and down but still steadies things quite a bit. Think I will buy another on made for Glocks as that one should fit those double stacks well.
The bad: For what they are these are quite pricey. Can't tell how its made, if its some kind of injection molding or not. In any case I am sure the co had to put out a good amount of cash on tooling so they would have to sell a LOT of them to get to making money. Many are NOT going to want to pay $80 for one and certainly nothing wrong with that. I am pulling a lot of overtime right now to help others at work get some time off while we get a short time of some sun here. So I will I am sure buy at least one more. Would be interesting to see if one could be put out on one of those 3D Printers??
So bottom line I don't own a piece of the Co but do love them.

Update on the One-Shot:
It is a TON of damn fun!
The good: The one rated to fit 1911 does fit mine very well. It claimed it would fit my Ruger MKs and it worked great on them too. On the target model I bought Wife with the 10" tube it was really a blast. Using a Dot by Burris it let me make ragged one hole groups seemingly with out really trying. Don't I wish my aging eyes would let me do this off hand any more. :s0140: On the 1911 I took it was almost that good. It puts the irons a little closer to me but my aging eyes still only will do so much. Still made rapid moving from one target to another FAR, FAR easier. Bottom line it was a LOT of damn fun. At home if I had time to slap on a set of the muffs I keep for this that allow me to hear but block gun fire I would have no problem using this thing on a 1911. Super simple to just drop it if needed. It even worked on my old Ruger P89 and on Wife's Ruger American. On both of these the grips are too wide for it to feel like it "locked in". The pistol will move up and down but still steadies things quite a bit. Think I will buy another on made for Glocks as that one should fit those double stacks well.
The bad: For what they are these are quite pricey. Can't tell how its made, if its some kind of injection molding or not. In any case I am sure the co had to put out a good amount of cash on tooling so they would have to sell a LOT of them to get to making money. Many are NOT going to want to pay $80 for one and certainly nothing wrong with that. I am pulling a lot of overtime right now to help others at work get some time off while we get a short time of some sun here. So I will I am sure buy at least one more. Would be interesting to see if one could be put out on one of those 3D Printers??
So bottom line I don't own a piece of the Co but do love them.

Great info, thanks for sharing!

Just watched some of their promo info. Never heard of it before now, definitely gonna pick one up and try it out.
You would be much better off with the previous version imo. The previous version uses an actual brace, thereby giving potential protection from it being considered a stock by ATF. It is adjustable for length, and you can put any brace on it that fits a standard pistol buffer tube.

This new version has none of those benefits. You are relying on the opinion of the company that it is "not a stock" because it doesn't attach to the gun. Having talked to the inventor for an hour and a half, he made a lot of claims that I don't believe. They are in the business of selling, and atf has never ruled on this product.

The old version is on sale at hkparts for $149. Bubbits version is $59 on rtgparts. I won't use the bubbits version on non-sbr firearms cuz it looks too much like a stock for my comfort. I will use the old one shot version which has an actual brace, on any firearm.

Old version which is safe cuz it uses an actual brace:
This 2A lawyer is as skeptical of their claim as I am. Also the only opinion I've ever heard from ATF on it is that it's a stock, although that was not an official ruling or letter. Other claims by the inventor about it being used around the world by special forces, US secret service I don't believe either because the claims seem to stem from his tours to show/test it with some gov organizations (reading between the lines of what he said).

View: https://youtu.be/Tn7Vn5gz5dk?si=pP5ZMaUqMo-P7BY9

Bubbits Glock brace
IMG_7273.jpeg

Last Edited:
The eagle has landed. Now I just gotta wait for it to get out of jail.

View attachment 1895730
Finally got to take it home!

Fun fact, mags for the M9A2 appear to be compatible with this Gen1 M9. They seat properly and the slide locks back when racking an empty mag. The Gen2 and Gen3 iterations (M9-A1) have a lanyard loop on the base of the grip that prevents the A2 mags from seating, so this was a nice surprise.

1000003240.jpg 1000003241.jpg 1000003242.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top