JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My dog has a couple of dog beds but he never uses them. He much prefers our
King sized bed and more specifically my pillow. I am sure that he thinks if those dog beds are so great I should use one. That's the logic of a border collie for you.

1000000178.jpg

My dog has a couple of dog beds but he never uses them. He much prefers our
King sized bed and more specifically my pillow. I am sure that he thinks if those dog beds are so great I should use one. That's the logic of a border collie for you.

View attachment 1896225
Convince me he's wrong!!! I truly believe we should have a pack of Border Collies running the country. They'd always make well reasoned decisions and have our best interests in mind.

Convince me he's wrong!!! I truly believe we should have a pack of Border Collies running the country. They'd always make well reasoned decisions and have our best interests in mind.
I love Mike and he is exceedingly important to me. However to think they always make great choices I would disagree. They love playing mind games and you had better not have a running hose around him. Yes they are smart but in my case Mike has ADHD. None of us are perfect.

872.jpg

His name is Brandy, and we'll, he has a substance problem.
As much as we have tried, we just can't get him off the juice.

We have decided what will be will be.

20240408_002504.jpg

Get this. Our pooch has the run of the house. She has 5 dog beds throughout the house. One in our bedroom, one in our son's bedroom, one in the living room, and two in the family room. She partakes in sleeping on all of them, as her mood strikes her fancy. And yet, from time to time; I find her laid out like this. As if she's been hit by a car and left for dead. What a silly dog!

View attachment 1896195
When I die, I wanna come back as Your Dog. :)

Our little mutt was diagnosed with CKD this week. That may partly explain why she doesn't like walking anymore. She doesn't really care for the stroller rides either.

We have to be extra careful with food selection (avoid higher phosphorus foods) and add binder to meals. Vet says it's Stage 1 but it seems like things can go downhill quickly. We will continue to spoil her with whatever meaningful time she has left.

He much prefers our
King sized bed and more specifically my pillow.
From Time to Time I get to Baby-Sit my Niece's Dog, Harley.

HARLEY.jpg

THIS is only the MID DAY NAP.

But when it is time to Actually Go To Bed At Night,

He Insists on Sleeping With Me By My Head So That his bubblegum is In My FACE.

Daisy is highly spoiled, she has beds in the garage, living room and on the patio. She also has her own sofa by the slider to the patio. In addition, she has two section of the sectional in the living room, one with a blanket the other with a soft cozy pillow.

All of these are sleeping locations for her, plus she likes to sleep on the stairs, the larger ones where the staircase turns, or even the front window sill. She pretty much gets whatever space she wants.

Her sofa, a lay-z-boy none the less…
IMG_0911.jpeg

I grew up with a mix of Golden Retrievers and Newfoundland's, and I can tell you, you have to be absolutely out of your mind, freaking NUTZ to have ether breed, let alone several, and at the same time! You think i'm joking, Goldens are super smart, and all that smarts gets backed up in um and they explode with boundless energy, and with such smarts, they are also super smartarses, I have rarely laughed so damn hard as to pee my self, but a Golden will absolutely go out of his way to make you pee your self! They are also one of the most loving and personal dogs out there, think Velcro, and that's a Golden! Newfies are actually even worse, They are Bigger, Even Smarter, have loads of energy, and they are absolute goof balls who love to tease and play pranks on you, talk about personality, they are a whole nother level of intellect, and they are Super Velcro! Both breeds together makes for one hell of a party, you wanna see the pack working as a team for mutual benefit, they plot and plan, and then execute their mischief upon you, so you better have a sense of humor, or you will absolutely hate these two!
After I had to say goodby to our last golden, I had this YUGE hole through my soul, it hurt like nothing else, and for the longest time, I was in an emotional fog, everything just felt off, and I had no energy or desire to do anything, and I was board as hell! WIfe told me I needed to get a puppy, and as it had been nearly 20 years since my last Newfoundland, I went looking for breeders and finally found one, got on the list and finally got a pup! From day 1, that bugger has been my constant shadow, he follows me everywhere I go, doesn't matter if it's just to the bathroom or half way across the country, he goes where I goes, and if not, I hear about it LOUDLY! Best thing that ever happened to me, getting a pup and starting all over! A few years later and we decided nuts wasn't so bad, so we got another Newfie pup, boy were we wrong, Nuts really is just a state of mind, we don't mind, so these two are best friends and they plot and plan all day long! Then, this Crazy Malinois showed up, we were not looking for yet another dog, but his bugger was in need of a home and one look at that puppy dog face and those sad eyes and it was love at first bite! He is supposed to be this big killer of a dog that instills fear in all who see him, but the reality is he is a great big 80 pound lap dog/snuggle buddy who's absolute number one goal in live is to 1) collect every single tennis ball ever made, and 2) Spend as much time glued to my lap with as much dog touching me as possible, and 3) get as many treats out of the wife he can possibly get before he gets caught and I have to tell the wife to quit spoiling him so much! All three of these clowns are spoiled beyond any other critter that ever lived, at least that what I keep telling them, and then they all give me the sad eyes and I have to be a jerk and say NO, you cant go outside and kill something, or go play in the water because it's the middle of winter, or NO, you cant all sleep in the bed with me and the wife, our oldest Newf will actually pitch a fit and pout about it all day long until he gets his way, or you offer him a trade, like his fav treat Chimkin!

After I had to say goodby to our last golden, I had this YUGE hole through my soul, it hurt like nothing else, and for the longest time, I was in an emotional fog, everything just felt off, and I had no energy or desire to do anything
Understand completely. Been there, brother. Our dogs have been German Shepherds or Belgian Malinois, but I know we all feel the same way about whatever breed of companion we bring into our homes.
Lili.jpg 072.JPG

1717995438868.png The Great GOOF, the most amazing Friend I ever had, nearly 20 years old, lived more then most dogs, and got to have lots of epic adventures most dogs never get to have, like learning to LOVE flying with me, where ever I went, Ol Goof was half a step in front leading the way with that great bushy tail wagging the whole time!

Miss you Buddy, Keep God busy with all those tennis balls till I get there!

THe Great Hans! Never thought I would ever have a Malinois,, having been around them in the service, I never even considered them as a home pet! Boy were we in for a life changing experience!
1717995874862.png
Look at the face, those eyes, ..........tell me you don't wanna take him home and hug him and squeeze him and make him your bestie! Yup, I was a sucker, and proud of it too!
1717996170310.png
Guess who Runs this house, and don't you forget about it ether! LOL

Such a Momma's boy!

THe Great Hans! Never thought I would ever have a Malinois,, having been around them in the service, I never even considered them as a home pet! Boy were we in for a life changing experience!
View attachment 1896670
Look at the face, those eyes, ..........tell me you don't wanna take him home and hug him and squeeze him and make him your bestie! Yup, I was a sucker, and proud of it too!
View attachment 1896679
Guess who Runs this house, and don't you forget about it ether! LOL

Such a Momma's boy!
He looks like an absolute sweetheart, who's going to be as big as a pony. :)

He looks like an absolute sweetheart, who's going to be as big as a pony. :)
Already full grown, around 80 pounds, not an especially big boy, but lightning quick, and faster then the speed of sound, like the sound of the cheese wrapper, or the fridge opening, or a tennis ball about to be tossed! And he is a serious snuggle buddy, which is good as he is much smaller then the Newfie! :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top