JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I prefer gas saws, like fireworks and shooting. We have a 60v greenworks chainsaw and I'm not impressed. I'm not concerned about what the neighbors down the road think about it.
what chain tooth are you running? What is your chainsaw usage?
I researched and your Greeworks has a 3/8 pitch with a .050 gauge, the same as my 20" Ego and Stihl
now my 18" Ego has a anti kickback safety chain, hard to make a backcut with a safety chain
my 20" has a semi chisel point - big difference
our local chain saw shop can custom make a skip tooth chisel point for our 20" Ego, the same as I have on my Stihl
when someone tells me they aren't impressed with their saw, I would ask why
my neighbor and I both have the 20" Ego 56V and love them for pine, fir, maple and alder

I researched and your Greeworks has a 3/8 pitch with a .050 gauge, the same as my 20" Ego and Stihl
now my 18" Ego has a anti kickback safety chain, hard to make a backcut with a safety chain
our local chain saw shop can custom make a skip tooth chisel point for our 20" Ego, the same as I have on my Stihl
my neighbor and I both have the 20" Ego 56V and love them for pine, fir, maple and alder
I forgot to ask what AH battery you have
on our EGOs, a 5AH will over heat on a thick Maple and you have to let it rest
I now have a 8AH battery and it will rip through 18" of Big Leaf Maple as quick as my 036

This doesn't sound like a big deal to me. If I lived on property I could shoot on, I would. And I wouldn't give a damn who didn't like the sound of that. The only thing I'd prefer is for my neighbor's to keep their impeccable taste in music to themselves.
Noise is noise. One is either considerate or not.

We have some "hoidy-toidy's" that have moved in to the rural neighborhood here (where I've been for 34 years). They think they live 20 minutes from Portland, so they drive that way. (It's actually about 40 minutes).

Chainsaws, motorbikes, dogs barking, gunfire are all part of rural living, and a few of us here make a point of educating the townies regularly, in the normal course of conducting our lives. We are not inconsiderate (no tweakers revving V-8's at 2 in the morning). Like the "trash" people from Idaho, "it's what we do". You should feel fortunate that more than one adult that lives there has demonstrated that they actually go to work.

I have a newer neighbor (an occasional shooter and a great guy) with a heart condition. I have agreed to send him a text warning him my 100-yard range in the front yard will be active prior to it being so. Buffalo rifles touching off suddenly are a startlement. Small price to pay for neighbor relations and it is no inconvenience to me.

Every single person (including delivery drivers, etc.) that has never been to my place before always comment, "Gosh! It's SO quiet out here!"

And about 95% of the time it is.

In the pioneer days, the saying was, "I heard gunfire in the valley today. Time to move on."

My mantra is, "Didn't hear any gunfire in the valley this week. Time to move on." :cool:

new neighbors moved in down the road 5 years ago from Idaho
3 generations on the same 5 acres
20 year old daughter has a 5 year old son - when I went down to return their dog, he ran out and wrapped his arms around me - thought i was his father from Idaho
they use shipping containers for outbuildings
lots of fireworks and gunfire
old dead vehicles all around the property
the older adults go to work, the younger generations just seem to hang out on the property
most of us have converted to battery chain saws, so you can't hear us cutting wood
the high pitched wail of gas saws can be heard from them several time a week
after one of their firework seasons, one of the neighbors went over to complain
the response "We're from Idaho - it's what we do"
Maybe they should do it back in Idaho, then...

My issue isn't cutting speed, it's the battery life. Used it on some tamarack, slightly bigger than telephone poles. I was able to cut 6 rounds off with the greenworks battery and 8 rounds with a bigger aftermarket battery. I could cut 3 or 4 tamarack that size on a tank of gas in my 362

Someone should make a thread about gas/vs battery powered chainsaws and call it that instead of We're from Idaho it's what we do. :D

And to clarify, having been an Idahoan, that isn't what the majority of people from Idaho do. Honestly we should all be so lucky. I miss Idaho.

Still trying to figure out why the people from Idaho are trash? Young Mother that stays at home? Cars on the property that don't run? Gas chain saws? Shooting on their property? What makes them trash?
I have to agree
just 4 years ago we had 5 derelict autos and trucks across the property, our own trash dump that dated back 29 years,
grass in the fields was 3' tall (if you mow your grass and find an MRI magnet - you might be a redneck)
empty shell casings on the ground and a 40 year old garage with the siding rotting off and the windows broken
blue poly tarps on the roof to keep the rain out
once I gave my son the Kubota, he started cleaning it up
what right does anyone have to judge how I live on my property?
and this was the point of the posting
the family from Idaho lives a different lifestyle, but it's their right to do so
it's their property
if one live in an urban environment, I can see having to comply with social norms, I used to live in a Condo in Lake Oswego
but not out here

My issue isn't cutting speed, it's the battery life. Used it on some tamarack, slightly bigger than telephone poles. I was able to cut 6 rounds off with the greenworks battery and 8 rounds with a bigger aftermarket battery. I could cut 3 or 4 tamarack that size on a tank of gas in my 362
chain type and sharpness have a lot to do with battery life
your Greenqworks 60V is rated as equivalent power to your 362

I just heard the dogs barking down at the Idaho property
OH NO I must call animal control and have that trash silence their dogs

in the country farm dogs bark 24 hrs a day - it's what dogs do
but in urban areas they have an ordnance about letting your dog bark

'It is unlawful for any person to cause, or for any person in possession of real or personal property to allow to originate from the property frequent, repetitive, or continuous howling, barking, squawking or other noises made by any animal which unreasonably disturb or interfere with the peace, comfort, and repose of any property owner or possessor"

in Lake Oswego, they had an ordnance about letting your kids out to make noise between 6 - 7 PM every day

sure am glad I don't live where people consider country dwellers trash

I just heard the dogs barking down at the Idaho property
OH NO I must call animal control and have that trash silence their dogs

in the country farm dogs bark 24 hrs a day - it's what dogs do
but in urban areas they have an ordnance about letting your dog bark

'It is unlawful for any person to cause, or for any person in possession of real or personal property to allow to originate from the property frequent, repetitive, or continuous howling, barking, squawking or other noises made by any animal which unreasonably disturb or interfere with the peace, comfort, and repose of any property owner or possessor"

in Lake Oswego, they had an ordnance about letting your kids out to make noise between 6 - 7 PM every day

sure am glad I don't live where people consider country dwellers trash
this is a sensitive subject with us - in Lake Oswego, we were fined $100 for letting our Labrador puppy outside barking while we went shopping

You could always not do that.
or I could sell our place in Lake Oswego and move to property and leave such lifestyle restrictions to those who choose to live under them
sometimes I can't sleep, being old, and I sit out on the porch at 4 in the morning
hear dogs barking and howling up and down the valley
I guess if you live in the urban environment where to dog is only 30' away, it may be an issue, I know our hound is a loud one
but when the closest dog is 200 yrds away, it's not an issue for me
ever hear a coon hound howl on a quiet night? His baying echos for over half a mile
the Idaho family has our hounds litter mate - they sit out at night and howl at each other

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top