JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Haven't loaded anything, but been spending time prepping some .45 brass. I got 15-20 lbs of mixed range that I first cleaned in 4 or 5 batches and started the process of decapping/resizing and brushing pockets. I've been putting in about 30-45 minutes at a time for the last week or so and haven't gotten very far with them, but out of several hundred done, I've only come across 2 cases with SP pockets. I'll prime them with Winchester LP, but not sure if I'm going to load them with Zip, AA#5, or N340. Projectiles will be 230gr plated RN.
View attachment 1901386
Doing even a little everyday makes a difference. I have done more reloading in the past two weeks than I have done in the last 6 months, while only committing to 5 minutes a day. Once I get going I usually last more than 5 minutes.

Doing even a little everyday makes a difference. I have done more reloading in the past two weeks than I have done in the last 6 months, while only committing to 5 minutes a day. Once I get going I usually last more than 5 minutes.
I find myself breaking away from it frequently. I have tomorrow and Wednesday off and since the kids are out of school, I'll have a little more home time to get some done.

I normally have way too much stuff to do out in the shop anyways so I, like you, tend to accumulate and rathole metric chittons of brass before I decide to process them.
AND when I do get around to messing with them I am processing 500-1000 at a time (daily). I go on binges, especially with 223/556 cases and am spent after I have 3-4000 completed. :eek::eek::eek:

38FB3148-906D-4FBF-9B43-6F02E8302B21.jpeg

I normally have way too much stuff to do out in the shop anyways so I, like you, tend to accumulate and rathole metric chittons of brass before I decide to process them.
AND when I do get around to messing with them I am processing 500-1000 at a time (daily). I go on binges, especially with 223/556 cases and am spent after I have 3-4000 completed. :eek::eek::eek:

View attachment 1901389
I am planning on some brass cleaning later this week. Deprimed about 150 10mm/.40;S&W's along with 300 9mm/.357 Mags today. Liquid tumbling to start Thursday, as high temps are forecast in the mid to high 90's thru Saturday. Perfect for drying and sorting shiny brass.

I'm 3/4's of the way thru making this run of 2000 rounds of 9mm for the wife and mine's hungry 9's. Tomorrow will be a range day for us. She wants to shoot her SA-35, Henry lever 22 and Model 60 S&W. I want to zero my 223 and 25-06 @ 200 yds. I also will bring along my Shadow 2, 41 Mag and G-32. I'm thinking of using one of those in a Bowling Pin Match in a couple weeks so some practice is in order.

Just replied on the reloading bench thread so now to the reloading thread.
After returning home on Saturday I picked brass that evening then again on Sunday. I seriously should've rested a bit more before I did that because 2 weeks of Vacay will plumb tucker an old man out.

Media cleaned 4-500 223/556, sorted HS of over 1,000 9mm cases (left dirty) and a rare find of 30+ 350 Bushmaster cases. :s0143: Correction 450 Bushies.
I started trimming on the PSD cases that hit the floor earlier but called it quits at about 25.
Gentlemen, I'm spent… No more Vacays for Caveman…

Last Edited:
No reloading but cleaning and sorting the reloading area I found about 4000 rds of 9mm bullets and a big bag of brass, so it's time to start working on some 147 gr subs for the 9mm.

Just replied on the reloading bench thread so now to the reloading thread.
After returning home on Saturday I picked brass that evening then again on Sunday. I seriously should've rested a bit more before I did that because 2 weeks of Vacay will plumb tucker an old man out.

Media cleaned 4-500 223/556, sorted HS of over 1,000 9mm cases (left dirty) and a rare find of 30+ 350 Bushmaster cases. :s0143:
I started trimming on the PSD cases that hit the floor earlier but called it quits at about 25.
Gentlemen, I'm spent… No more Vacays for Caveman…
350 Bushmaster cases? Are you drinking tonight or am I? I know I've had "enough" adult beverages to not drive at this point but, I'm wondering if you found "450" Bushmaster cases like stated 🤪

As serious reloaders, how do you know when you have enough:
- rounds loaded?
- primers and powder?
- projectiles?
- lead to smelt into new projectiles?

Don't want the wife to have to deal with a supply mess, so I'm thinking I'm getting to the age and point of more unloading (shooting) than reloading…

- rounds loaded?
- primers and powder?
- projectiles?

Don't want the wife to have to deal with a supply mess, so I'm thinking I'm getting to the age and point of more unloading (shooting) than reloading…
I'll let you know when I get there.:s0092:

- rounds loaded?
- primers and powder?
- projectiles?

That will be a hard decision.
I have people set up to help my wife if something should happen to me. In view of what I've been going through the last 3 weeks it seems like a very good idea.

I have people set up to help my wife if something should happen to me. In view of what I've been going through the last 3 weeks it seems like a very good idea.
Been thinking about that for a while, I need to get busy and contact some people for just that occasion. You are right brother we are not getting any younger or healthier.

Right after I had my Heart event I asked my son to help my wife with the gun/ammo stuff in the event of my passing. I tried to start the down sizing but the first 2 guns didn't go anywhere and dog gone it I still like and shoot all my guns so I'm not willing to quit them yet anyway. I thought the down sizing might help but the reality is there probably isn't much difference to them if they've got to deal with 10, 20 or 30 guns and stuff.

Right after I had my Heart event I asked my son to help my wife with the gun/ammo stuff in the event of my passing. I tried to start the down sizing but the first 2 guns didn't go anywhere and dog gone it I still like and shoot all my guns so I'm not willing to quit them yet anyway. I thought the down sizing might help but the reality is there probably isn't much difference to them if they've got to deal with 10, 20 or 30 guns and stuff.
Yup. Having someone to help you that understands the process is very important.
Mass liquidation is never going to reap the highest reward.
I understand that after I downsized after my last wife passed in 2016 and I downsized.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top