JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I was in my 20's, a friend of mine was on the west coast for something, so he rented a van filled it with Coors and drove it back to the east coast. It wasn't that good by the time he got home, and he didn't manage to sell much of it. It tasted skunky to me. I asked him if it wasn't supposed to be kept refrigerated - no preservatives was what I had heard.

Part or all of the reason it wasn't sold in Oregon for a long time. In the early 70's I lived in eastern Oregon. Going to Idaho and bringing Coors back was something all of the big kids talked about.
Coors couldn't be sold in Oregon for a long time because it was unpastuerized.

"The main benefit of pasteurization is that it extends the shelf life of the beer. A bottle of pasteurized beer can remain fresh-tasting for about six to nine months. Some can last up to a year in the refrigerator. Meanwhile, unpasteurized beers can last anywhere between 60 to 180 days, depending on the packaging and if it is kept in constant refrigeration."

The law was changed in 1985.

You're welcome.

I do think that gen F-body could have benefitted greatly from a twin turbo v6 setup with big snails and intercooler in that long engine bay
I went the other direction and built a '68 Camaro with a 502 that dyno'd @968HP at the rear wheels, naturally aspirated.

Kinda went overboard. But wheelies on the freeway at 70mph in 2nd gear were easy, and too much fun!

SCCA open class at Sears Point was a blast in that car!

:s0093: :s0087:Buick GN...... :s0140: the 1986 SFI GN beat the Corvette in the 1/4 mile with a single turbo, intercooled and EFI iron block v6 and the aerodynamics of a brick :s0140:
LIghter EFI v6 with twin turbos vs a boat anchor TBI 455 in the F-Body? .q
I had a neighbor that had 2 of those. Pretty cool, but still no 'Vette. Yeah, it would win a drag race, but it would get confused as soon as it saw a corner.

It sounded like a blender was porking a kazoo.

I had a neighbor that had 2 of those. Pretty cool, but still no 'Vette. Yeah, it would win a drag race, but it would get confused as soon as it saw a corner.

It sounded like a blender was porking a kazoo.
Eh.

Theres apparently a reason we didnt see corvettes on the Nascar tracks :p then again, you have a point regarding the G-bodies on road tracks that Corvettes had a hard time against the likes of Ferarris :p

Drinking Coors is like drinking a gallon of water that's been diluted with a cup of piss.
Agreed. Emphasis to present tense is mine.

Drinking Coors before Pasteurization (keep in mind, a microbrewery beer was only a Widmer Brothers' wet dream if that) was pure heaven.

Only thing close was Heineken (the real thing as Jack Kennedy preferred), but it was ALWAYS skunky. :cool:

Yeah, but then you'd have a V6. 🤷‍♂️
The 90-degree V6s (basically an SBC V-8 with two cyls cut out) was pretty respectable among car guys I knew in college 20 years ago... a twin-turbo V6 was generally seen as near-peer to a V8 of equal bore and stroke per piston.

Granted, my goal was pack as much power under a stock thirdgen hood as possible, and they may have been yanking my chain... but the "might not be possible" ideal we penciled out was an engine with each bank of cylinders in the ceramic block having its own independent intake and exhaust manifolds, electromagnetically operated valves for less rotating mass and parasitic drag, computer controlled ignition and injection... basically being able to tune every variable in the performance and economy equations in realtime going for either 600-mile tanks on a roadtrip cruise or Cannonballing across the continent with as little time-loss in fuel stops as possible.

The 90-degree V6s (basically an SBC V-8 with two cyls cut out) was pretty respectable among car guys I knew in college 20 years ago... a twin-turbo V6 was generally seen as near-peer to a V8 of equal bore and stroke per piston.

Granted, my goal was pack as much power under a stock thirdgen hood as possible, and they may have been yanking my chain... but the "might not be possible" ideal we penciled out was an engine with each bank of cylinders in the ceramic block having its own independent intake and exhaust manifolds, electromagnetically operated valves for less rotating mass and parasitic drag, computer controlled ignition and injection... basically being able to tune every variable in the performance and economy equations in realtime going for either 600-mile tanks on a roadtrip cruise or Cannonballing across the continent with as little time-loss in fuel stops as possible.

I'm just teasing. One of my cars is a V6 and I like it just fine. It even sounds pretty good at full throttle above 4000 RPM.

>see a thread about how Idahobros do
>start reading, thinking about the A10s flying around, American flags all over, super friendly people everywhere, the fact that my random VRBO has a new Weber Genesis, almost having to be revived with smelling salts in multiple 2A stores from absolute freedom overload, and I almost started writing about the wonders of my trip to Meridian this time around
>then got plot twisted into 'adventures in horsepower'

I absolutely love this place my dudes! Don't ever let it change kings 👑

This doesn't sound like a big deal to me. If I lived on property I could shoot on, I would. And I wouldn't give a damn who didn't like the sound of that. The only thing I'd prefer is for my neighbor's to keep their impeccable taste in music to themselves.
If you wanted to live on a property you could shoot on . . . you would.

I love the smell of 2-stoke chainsaws in the morning.

I got here first.

This is what I do.

Deal with it.

1719613727056.jpeg

Somehow...I feel...so......INADEQUATE!

1719705290616.jpeg

"PowerMac 320" The "Mini-Mac." Best saw I ever bought is also the smallest. A hundred dollars new 45 years ago, and last winter limbed a downed 20" butt Maple in about 15 minutes. It's done about 40-50 trips on horseback to get to downed elk and bear. As to neighbors, they're not sure if I bought a motorized skateboard or mowed over a hornet's nest.
:cool:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top