JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My go to is a Benelli M4 LE with a Mesa Tactical side saddle for the shot shells. Since WA doesn't allow SBS guns, can't get the 14" barrel for it.

20220802_174613.jpg 20210711_223313.jpg

My actual go-to home defense shotgun is currently a plain-jane Mossberg 500 with wood furniture. That said, I am actively tweaking "The Beast" to get it worthy enough to take over that role. Replaced the micro dot with regular irons, which works well enough for now. Debating dropping the shell sleeve and cutting off the side saddle so it's just the top rail with shells... Would definitely slim it down and reduce weight a bit.

More about the build here:

View attachment 1902570 View attachment 1902571 View attachment 1902572 View attachment 1902573That sucka must weigh a TON! :eek: Looks like some mini shells there? Interesting and imaginative build!

That sucka must weigh a TON! :eek: Looks like some mini shells there? Interesting and imaginative build!
Thanks! It's definitely a hefty piece of hardware, but the added weight helps mitigate recoil. For home defense it's manageable, but I wouldn't want to lug it around for any extended period of time.

I've been meaning to give the KSG and KS7 a try... Just haven't gotten around to it. Too many other things being banned that I've needed to pick up! So really the WA state legislature is responsible for my collection. Talk about unintended consequences! :D

There were a lot of complaints about them online. The Sub2000 also, and others. They seem to rush designs to market.
I spent a few minutes googling out of curiosity. Found some stuff about first gen models over 10 years ago...People saying it's from short stroking, I don't know. I know that I would highly recommend this shotgun to anyone for home defense.

I spent a few minutes googling out of curiosity. Found some stuff about first gen models over 10 years ago...People saying it's from short stroking, I don't know. I know that I would highly recommend this shotgun to anyone for home defense.
KT has LONG suffered from a lot of word of mouth bad press. I still have the first of their guns I ever bought, a P-11. Bought before the days of the net. I was leery of it due to price but sales guy assured me so I tried. Damn little pistol still impresses me. Still have the first P-32 from back when I had to get on a LONG waiting list to get my hands on too. Had 2 S2K's. Rehomed the one in .40. The old gen 1 in 9mm still love. The Gen 3 they make now I would jump all over but no sale to WA :( Lot of people I have worked with over last couple decades own some of their guns only because they got to try mine. I have no doubt the family laughs all the way to the bank at the "bad press" as they can't make most of their stuff as fast as it sells.

Anyone see that ad on this forum? Some sort of handgun shotgun?

They advertise shipping straight to home in all but like 3 states. Oregon was not one of them. How is this legal?
I have thought of buying one of those just because it would be a fun toy. I had one LONG ago I made myself. It was great fun for a while but the clean up gets tiring and before long it just sat. So I know better than to buy one but, yes they are a LOT of damn fun. There are some video's of people playing with them if you want to see how they work.

My actual go-to home defense shotgun is currently a plain-jane Mossberg 500 with wood furniture. That said, I am actively tweaking "The Beast" to get it worthy enough to take over that role. Replaced the micro dot with regular irons, which works well enough for now. Debating dropping the shell sleeve and cutting off the side saddle so it's just the top rail with shells... Would definitely slim it down and reduce weight a bit.

More about the build here:

View attachment 1902570 View attachment 1902571 View attachment 1902572 View attachment 1902573
Aim small, ah feck it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top