JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, today was my first purchase since November 2022…. Yup, still getting instant approvals. Sometimes I think I live a charmed life. Then I snap back to reality…
Lower arrived Wednesday. 2200+ in the que. Dropping about 600 every day. Not sure if Sunday counts. Hoping for Tuesday. I don't know if certain places get any priority. When I go big box stores I usually get instant or a few hours. If I do home FFL I get the wait of shame.

I feel like they are intentionally making everyone wait a certain number of days since they can't get it approved through laws - the queue has literally been at 2k+ for like 2 months straight and it never seems to change and 2k takes about a week sometimes 10 days, how convenient. It's never been this consistent for this long it seems a bit odd. I just bought a rough rider over the weekend for $99 and went to do the background yesterday, I'm number 2100 what a surprise. My last 4 purchases I have been right around 2k.

I agree. I have been buying a couple of guns a month for months now, and ALWAYS get instant approvals. Today I got put in the queue for the first time in years. I know I know, I cant complain, however very interesting timing wise to have that happen. Guess they need to make sure the number stays right at 4 day wait or so . . .

I know they have the ability to do more than they are doing too because I bought a Glock 20 on Black Friday and I was number 850 at 10:30 AM and I was approved later that day at 5 PM - at the pace they are working at right now 850 would probably take about 4 days at least, the inconsistencies are just ridiculous. I think they are just pissed because they took a couple of L's in court recently so now they are making everyone pay for it. I wish more gun shops would abide by the 3 day rule, which ones in Oregon follow the 3 day? I'd happily give them my business.

Was told it's 2200 as of about half an hour ago. Really does seem like they're deliberately keeping it at around that level. It's been at around 2200 for weeks now.

Was told it's 2200 as of about half an hour ago. Really does seem like they're deliberately keeping it at around that level. It's been at around 2200 for weeks now.
I was between 2200/2300 last Wednesday. My FFL just texted I was at 310. So maybe you'll have more luck but if I get it tomorrow I won't be too mad because I didn't have time to shoot anyway. But, this process still burns me up. What evil does it eliminate as I already have several :rolleyes: other guns.

Last Edited:
No response releases are going to be happening on the daily if this keeps up.
Depends. I used this FFL for the first time because he showed up in my neighborhood. I usually use A Cut Above pawnshop for transfers, but wanted to support a local, eventhough it was quite a bit more. Also, hoping it would have been more convenient.

Since he didn't take cards and being a small home business, I didn't even bother asking for a 3 day max hold. No one is going to risks their license on an unknown person for a few dollars. In this case, if it were more important, I would have gone my normal route and may have fared better but who knows.

I was told by my LGS that the feds and OSP obviously are aware of the 3 day loophole hole so they will pretty much never let a gun get released to a purchaser if they are legitimately not allowed to own a firearm. I think the risk of losing your FFL license is relatively low because of that - they said during covid they did hundreds of 3 day releases with no issues at all. I think most gun stores don't like doing it though and would likely only abide by the 3 day rule if the queue got super high like it was a few years ago.

I just did a transfer and was told the queue was about 2100 (estimated at a 3 day wait), but I was an instant sooooo...yay me!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top