JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just submitted my BGC for a shotgun - guess what # I am in the queue.... 2900 wowwww what a surprise! They also sent out an email to all FFLs basically saying the challenge line is suspended indefinitely so if you get denied you are screwed.
My FFL was ssying you could no longer call them in, that you had to come in person. Imagine showing up, having no idea low long you would be sitting there waiting . . .

Got put at the back of the queue today. I've somehow always had instant approvals (unique name maybe?) up until today. Is there any rhyme or reason to who gets instant approvals and who doesn't?

Got put at the back of the queue today. I've somehow always had instant approvals (unique name maybe?) up until today. Is there any rhyme or reason to who gets instant approvals and who doesn't?
Unique names are said to be the key. However, apparently certain fields have to be an exact match to their records and if they get entered incorrectly into the system, and thus don't match exactly, you end up in the queue. It happened to me recently. I normally get instants but they happened to skip a letter in my middle name when doing the entry and I ended up in queue because of it.

What's the queue at, by the way?

Unique names are said to be the key. However, apparently certain fields have to be an exact match to their records and if they get entered incorrectly into the system, and thus don't match exactly, you end up in the queue. It happened to me recently. I normally get instants but they happened to skip a letter in my middle name when doing the entry and I ended up in queue because of it.

What's the queue at, by the way?
Ah could it be that the FFL entered the info incorrectly? I was trying out a new FFL today. And FFL didn't tell me what my position was (honestly I didn't ask my exact number since I was surprised I was even in the queue) but they did tell me I was at the back of the line "and above 3000th in line".

Ah could it be that the FFL entered the info incorrectly? I was trying out a new FFL today. And FFL didn't tell me what my position was (honestly I didn't ask my exact number since I was surprised I was even in the queue) but they did tell me I was at the back of the line "and above 3000th in line".
Yes, if you typically get instant approvals, it generally means there's been an entry error if you end up in the queue.

Last Edited:
Yes, if you typically get instant approvals, it generally means there's been an entry error if you end up in the queue.

That has been my experience, been put in the que only twice in my life. Both times were a dealer who knew my address better than me and refused to enter it correctly.

So all I can do is just wait at this point right? Sorry if it's an obvious answer, just never been in the queue before.

I am waiting in the queue right now and as of Wednesday it was at 3100 so about a 10 day wait - if your FFL abides by the 3 day rule you can pickup within 3 days if not then likely 10+ days. I have asked them to call in before and in my experience a lot of times they wont because it is usually a 2-3 hour wait on the phone.

So all I can do is just wait at this point right? Sorry if it's an obvious answer, just never been in the queue before.
Probably yes, especially if it's already been a couple days. It seems like a lot of dealers don't like to own that particular mistake so you pretty much wait your turn.

In my most recent encounter with the queue where the shop themselves realized their mistake, they were willing to cancel the submission and call it in so that I could be sure to get it the same day… but this is a shop where I've been a regular for many years, and known to always get instants.

At another shop where I ended up in the dreaded queue; they wouldn't even bother to give it a second look. It did still get approved but had to wait.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top