JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm a few hours north of you and I don't run one at all. I've had no problems over a few decades, but the safe is in the house. If it's in the garage or basement, I would definitely run a dehumidifier year-round. If the safe is not in a humid area, you'll probably be fine. Humans are usually pretty good at detecting humidity. If you ever walk into the room where the safe is and go "wow, it's humid in here", you need a dehumidifier.
Its in the garage for now. A very good spot but not like being inside the house which eventually I'll move it inside.
I'll double check with the safe company of there is an existing hole on the safe. If not I'll drill one a/c wire size with grommet housing. Seems like both humidifiers are reputable and safe. The peet I can relocate it anywhere to set it and forget it. Right now I have silicas and packing papers inside the safe just to make sure. I'll buy the dehumidifier tomorrow.
As much as possible I buy things locally to help out wit the local business sales. I saw one looks like a rod at bi-mart the other day. Its not the golden rod. But when it comes to this, I want to get a dehumidifier that is safe and recommended like what you guys mentioned.
Thank you!

A golden rod works well.
IMG_1386.jpeg

Its in the garage for now. A very good spot but not like being inside the house which eventually I'll move it inside.
I'll double check with the safe company of there is an existing hole on the safe. If not I'll drill one a/c wire size with grommet housing. Seems like both humidifiers are reputable and safe. The peet I can relocate it anywhere to set it and forget it. Right now I have silicas and packing papers inside the safe just to make sure. I'll buy the dehumidifier tomorrow.
As much as possible I buy things locally to help out wit the local business sales. I saw one looks like a rod at bi-mart the other day. Its not the golden rod. But when it comes to this, I want to get a dehumidifier that is safe and recommended like what you guys mentioned.
Thank you!
I don't know much about maintaining a fire seal, but I'm not sure an ordinary grommet is the way to go here. I assume you want something that will handle very high heat for a few hours and expand to an airtight seal. There are safe guys here who can describe that way better than I.

I don't know much about maintaining a fire seal, but I'm not sure an ordinary grommet is the way to go here. I assume you want something that will handle very high heat for a few hours and expand to an airtight seal. There are safe guys here who can describe that way better than I.
Oh I see. Will do a check with some guys here. Great follow-up!

I use these. Recharge them once or twice a year. Orange to start. Hang them in the safe. When they are like half green I will recharge them by plugging into the wall for a couple hours and replace

IMG_2823.png IMG_2824.png

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top