JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm a few hours north of you and I don't run one at all. I've had no problems over a few decades, but the safe is in the house. If it's in the garage or basement, I would definitely run a dehumidifier year-round. If the safe is not in a humid area, you'll probably be fine. Humans are usually pretty good at detecting humidity. If you ever walk into the room where the safe is and go "wow, it's humid in here", you need a dehumidifier.
Its in the garage for now. A very good spot but not like being inside the house which eventually I'll move it inside.
I'll double check with the safe company of there is an existing hole on the safe. If not I'll drill one a/c wire size with grommet housing. Seems like both humidifiers are reputable and safe. The peet I can relocate it anywhere to set it and forget it. Right now I have silicas and packing papers inside the safe just to make sure. I'll buy the dehumidifier tomorrow.
As much as possible I buy things locally to help out wit the local business sales. I saw one looks like a rod at bi-mart the other day. Its not the golden rod. But when it comes to this, I want to get a dehumidifier that is safe and recommended like what you guys mentioned.
Thank you!

A golden rod works well.
IMG_1386.jpeg

Its in the garage for now. A very good spot but not like being inside the house which eventually I'll move it inside.
I'll double check with the safe company of there is an existing hole on the safe. If not I'll drill one a/c wire size with grommet housing. Seems like both humidifiers are reputable and safe. The peet I can relocate it anywhere to set it and forget it. Right now I have silicas and packing papers inside the safe just to make sure. I'll buy the dehumidifier tomorrow.
As much as possible I buy things locally to help out wit the local business sales. I saw one looks like a rod at bi-mart the other day. Its not the golden rod. But when it comes to this, I want to get a dehumidifier that is safe and recommended like what you guys mentioned.
Thank you!
I don't know much about maintaining a fire seal, but I'm not sure an ordinary grommet is the way to go here. I assume you want something that will handle very high heat for a few hours and expand to an airtight seal. There are safe guys here who can describe that way better than I.

I don't know much about maintaining a fire seal, but I'm not sure an ordinary grommet is the way to go here. I assume you want something that will handle very high heat for a few hours and expand to an airtight seal. There are safe guys here who can describe that way better than I.
Oh I see. Will do a check with some guys here. Great follow-up!

I use these. Recharge them once or twice a year. Orange to start. Hang them in the safe. When they are like half green I will recharge them by plugging into the wall for a couple hours and replace

IMG_2823.png IMG_2824.png

I bought one locally on Ace hardware.This solves my situation quickly. I wanted to put the one with AC cord but the safe company said they will void the warranty if I drill it. I wish I have enough time to think and decide. Its very difficult on my end because I have 2 jobs, the family and all that.. Gotta put time and make everyone happy.
Thanks...

Every safe should have one of these. If you don't know what percentage of humidity that's inside your safe, then you're just guessing.

Well, but the humidity in the safe is going to be very close to the humidity in the room. You know roughly what the humidity in the room is just by standing there. If you're really not sure, of course you should get one. If it ever feels like London in your safe room, you need a dehumidifier. If it always feels like Vegas, you don't.

Every car I've ever driven had a fuel gauge. Peace of mind is a good thing, especially when the contents of your safe are valuable like what's in mine.
I have four safes and knowing what's going on inside them is important to me.
Keeping my stored ammo at a constant relative humidity of 50-60% for longevity is also a factor and I don't want to second guess.

Unless your safe is located in an area with large temperature swings or in a somewhat uncontrolled temperature environment, you should be good using the silicone impregnated gun socks with oiled guns. There is an added bonus of the socks as they will help prevent safe dings on the guns too.

I went to Ace to pickup the dehumidifier and they ran out in stock. So when I went home I end up buying it on-line. I messed up big time and I didnt buy it directly or an authorized dealer. I feel like a dork emailing the seller and asking him if what i bought is original EVA US standard not a Fu-ManChu. I will not have a peace of mind because fire hazard is on the line and I don't want to take any chances. I havent bought anything from that site since 2004 for my own personal reason.
1719884757544.png

I went to Ace to pickup the dehumidifier and they ran out in stock. So when I went home I end up buying it on-line. I messed up big time and I didnt buy it directly or an authorized dealer. I feel like a dork emailing the seller and asking him if what i bought is original EVA US standard not a Fu-ManChu. I will not have a peace of mind because fire hazard is on the line and I don't want to take any chances. I havent bought anything from that site since 2004 for my own personal reason.
View attachment 1909223

You could call the manufacturer and ask them how to spot counterfeits. They may even know what the odds are of a counterfeit on Ebay.

You could call the manufacturer and ask them how to spot counterfeits. They may even know what the odds are of a counterfeit on Ebay.

Thanks!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top