JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyone exercise self control?........... :D
When it came to the Husaberg, I only tried out its top speed (with stock gearing), once - about 90MPH. I know it has more HP and it would make a great supermoto bike because of its handling - but the 570cc engine has more than enough power for the poor trail rider I am, so when I hit the trail I hit the "mild" button.

I feel guilty for not riding it since I moved to Orygun - it only has a little over 30 hours on it. I also have a Beta Alp (street legal 2 stroke Trials bike) that I have not ridden at all.

I'm not interested in anyone's ire, but if you're trying to impede someone just because you're a jealous bubblegum, well, you've earned whatever gesture comes your way.

It takes the exact same amount of effort to move to the left to block someone as it does to move to the right to give them space.
I took the gesture comment as showin' off that you can get ahead of them by splitting the lanes. If someone is being a dick, you can crap on their windshield for all I care. I say go for the split!

I've almost been hit too many times to count. Drivers just don't pay attention...especially when they're on their freaking phones while driving. I found if you stay ahead of the pack or just chill behind, you're typically good...until the random Dbag tries racing you cause you have a street bike.

I've almost been hit too many times to count. Drivers just don't pay attention...especially when they're on their freaking phones while driving. I found if you stay ahead of the pack or just chill behind, you're typically good...until the random Dbag tries racing you cause you have a street bike.
I've seen way too many "squids" darting in and out of traffic, and/or following too closely, or other stupid stuff.

I only split lanes where it is legal. Too many anal orifices out there who take offense, and if I get in an accident because of splitting, I want the law to be on my side when I go to sue someone.

But then, I pretty much would not ride in traffic anymore. I would only ride to get to the trails.

With some background in language studies, the term "Cagers" as used here by more than one Member (and an expression I hadn't heard for awhile) caught my eye and amused me somewhat.

Also with some intimate background toward "One Percenter" clubs, it was not so very long ago (Okay, maybe it was) that if such a term was bandied about in a Club bar by anyone whose PRIMARY mode of transportation was not ALWAYS the bike (i.e.: "wannabe"), there was more than a fair chance the poser or posers would exit the bar very shortly thereafter, one way or another.

I think now the term is used pretty regularly by regular guys who drive regular cars and love riding a good bike. "Cagers" means anybody in a car, and refers to the structure around their body compared to riding a bike.

Back then (sure doesn't SEEM like so long ago), it referred less to the structure of any vehicle, and FAR MORE to the absolute freedom self-declared and enjoyed by ONLY those fully devoted to the bike. "Cagers" were Cagers in the rest of their lives, not just when driving.

And the use of that term (and many others in the jargon) was jealously guarded by those who knew that exclusive freedom. :cool:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top