JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh I reload, but only when I can't get the ammo I want/need by buying it.

Special light centerfire loads are an example, such as a 90 to 110 grain hard cast 7.62 bullet at 1100 fps in 7.62x39 or 7.62x51 - it isn't easy to find something like that commercially.

To me, reloading is a means to an end, not a hobby. I would much rather shoot than reload.

Oh I reload, but only when I can't get the ammo I want/need by buying it.

Special light centerfire loads are an example, such as a 90 to 110 grain hard cast 7.62 bullet at 1100 fps in 7.62x39 or 7.62x51 - it isn't easy to find something like that commercially.

To me, reloading is a means to an end, not a hobby. I would much rather shoot than reload.
I hear you. And that's fantastic! I've known people that've dropped $200,000 on a hand a cards. Very hard workers one and all.. and a fine hobby (lol). what? choices

As absurd as some of my tangents have been, this is one area I'll not concentrate my efforts :D

22LRprimingcompound.jpg

It would be nice if they offered it in .25 and .32 rimfire to feed my antiques.
Old, shootable ammo for these is $2.00 a round if you can find it.

View attachment 253169

Lightening.... First I do believe that there are sellers who specifically look after the needs of folks like you...

AGAIN, the main aspects of reloading RimFire is:

1. Clean inside Rim.
2. Prime inside Rim.
3. "Set" the Primer, they use Acetone to keep the Primer Material "together". LET DRY. Water can Also be used, Drying time is A DAY!
4. Load the Powder charge.
5. Insert Bullet.
6. Crimp

I would guess that 25 & 32 both used ~heeled~ Projectiles. Acquiring a Mold specific FOR that, may be possible through some antique gun company like "Dixie Gun Works", but you could also have one made by several online mold companies who advertise to that need.

Powder Charge Should maintain Black Powder levels, and there ample research is all that is needed.

~> the Point that I am striving to get across is It Is Possible, and Can Be Done Safely! <~

I have ~Enough~ CF Primers, and also of smokeless powder to supply my needs... I see reloading 22LR in the same frame of mind ... And I see it as a necessity, not a convenience.

philip :)

Last Edited:
Hello Lightning:
Just a thought for you to consider on the 25 cal rim fire reloading option.
I have been using 22 cal stud gun blanks and casting a 225 dia slug that i simply insert the cast 38gr 225 dia slug into the breech and slip in a green 22 caliber stud gun blank and close the action and fire away.

Id bet theyd fit perfectly

SNIPPED FOR BREVITY. you can buy both size blanks at any large Hardware/Lumberyard, as the main purpose of them is to drive hardened steel studs into concrete....

But this was great information!

Head Shot

I bought ten 12 inch 22 barrel liners, used to bring shot out barrels back to life... I bought a 22LR Chamber Reamer, and was in process of creating a single shot break open pistol.... I think the idea of the 22 RF blanks might be an interesting project!

My machining came to an end, having moved, and no place to set up my mill & lathe, but ... In the future......

As absurd as some of my tangents have been, this is one area I'll not concentrate my efforts :D

View attachment 253315

May I ask why???? The Art & Science of Reloading has always been carried on for a multiple of reasons, and I am talking from Pre Revolutionary War days.

The governments current "hidden" agenda of buying out ammo is prime reason to roll your own.

So, a person has XX Pounds of smokeless, and two Cases of Primers, one small one Large. One Fire can wipe out your supply.... Knowing the Craft, keeping the Craft Alive, is what I am about.

And I could/Should made that Plural, Crafts.

philip

May I ask why????

Philip

The finite resource of time.

I choose to concentrate my resources and time in areas I perceive the greatest return, at least in respect to reloading. That, and I stopped shooting my 22s, so the modest stash I have should last a while :)

A personal choice, nothing more.

Philip

The finite resource of time.

I choose to concentrate my resources and time in areas I perceive the greatest return, at least in respect to reloading. That, and I stopped shooting my 22s, so the modest stash I have should last a while :)

A personal choice, nothing more.

Thank you...

I choose to shoot quietly, and slowly... I do have Self Loaders, but I more enjoy Single shots... And for my shotgun, the 4Ten Bore. which I reload for, In Brass: 9.3X74R metric. The charge is slightly more powerful, due to the internal differences of Plastic 410 to brass wall, but it is very much worth it.

Some things do merit the Time & Effort, as you share above!

philip :D

Side note, apparently there was a lot of call for the Primer Mix, they are now Sold Out.

I received my (quantity 2 bags) order today, plain parcel post bag, no indications of product inside just company name, Under the Owners Name...

So, I guess there is a Call for their Products.....

philip :cool:

Hello BoonDocks36:
What do they say for mixing instructions ?

I have a review written, give me a while to post here

Is it a water basde or acetone mix ?

Instruction #8:
"Either denatured alcohol, rubbing alcohol, mineral spirits, or Fast evaporating paint thinner"

Curious as to just what all you did to mix the 4 parts per there instructions.

Per MY OWN qualifiers, I Always am an Extra Careful MadSighNTist, I must be in good mental/physical condition to do New stuff like this. And I am Alive because of that RULE IN MY LIFE.

I had two hours sleep, will see my Dentist Tomorrow, for that Which Allowed little sleep! :confused: Physically, I am not up to it, nor mentally.

What was the cost for two bags and shipping ?

$19.95 a bag, free shipping is this companies MO, I bought 2 so double that, -$40.00/4,000 home rolled primers.

I wouldnt mind keeping some on hand myself for those hard to find rim fire cases in odd calibers for a try.
Thanx Head Shot

You are welcome

philip, known by some as the MadSighNTist, others as "Oh Him" he's a bit Daft....

And Trouble Shooter One Five, I climbed Telephone poles 24 hours a day to keep our Commo to Bunkers 3, 3alpha & 4 WORKING.... TayNinh, RVN 69/70

This was PM'd to some friends ~backstage~ I had to copy, and remove Private Comments, to Post in Public.

I hope those that read it realize, Sincerely, that I am Alive, because I live to my Standards... I have never been a "hold my beer and watch this" type of guy.
~^~ Start of Copy:

Today's Mail, brought me two packs of Primer Mix for a total for 4,000 primers.

One large Zip Lock of White powder, somewhat Lumpy

One Smaller ZL of blackish powder, no lumps, almost visible grain size

One SZL light yellowish powder, fine , can not distinguish grain size, but not really like Flour.

One SZL darker yellow, with minor lumps, a bit (visually) finer than the Blackish powder, but minor bit courser thanlight yellow.

Then ~Tool~!!!! Their same L/S measuring dipper.

Those aware of Lee Dippers, the Larger is SMALLER than Lee's Smallest!

And, their always very complete instructions...

Guys, I have for my jobs, been the ~Assigned~ READER, of certain goods, to TEACH a Standard to small groups... These instructions on a One:10 scale, are a Nine.

I would give them a ten, but they lack a better print job, though very Readable, I would Prefer a BreakDown:

1. Intro/Safety

2. Handling of Products (-.5)

3. Instructions for Mixing (-.25)

4. Amount of Working time!!!!! (.25)

Notice I gave Negative marks, though Minute, very needed in my view!!!!

I am too tired to re-Read such instructions, and it is hard time zone for me, ... end Copy ~^~

Note my Capitalizing Zip Lock, then using Acronym's I abhore use of acronyms when they are created on the spot... I do not know who will read it, and question same.

My Science Work Bench, usually Electronics is Completely Cleared right now (remodeling of same) so it will be my work zone.

I know I need to Delump the Number One bag, serious problems of lumping, but they put it in there by Weight.

To Delump, I have a Plexiglass ROLLER, 1.25" diameter, and some One Inch HDMP High Density Molecular Plastic. I will empty the bag, crush & rebag. #1 is labeled "L2", no Chemical Names GIVEN, proprietary mixture, I greatly understand.

Blackish Powder L, light yellow, (Now in Bright Light, looks like fine cornmeal) S, and Darker, Also S, Thinking on this, I would give another (-.25) for not doing S2. I am Fastidious on labeling!!!!! And on read the Manual, Know the Manual. LIVE THE MANUAL.

As mentioned above, I have Taught: additional here, Various topics including Centrifugal Casting in Lost Wax Process, In That, you only error once.... I have been a Cal OSHA Instructor, doing Monthly Haz Mat requalifier testings, I have worked floor finishes that would drop you in a minute, without Full Face Respirator Gear....

...... So Daft, some say so, but I am alive.

Yours,

philip :cool:

Another Edit.... L, L2 means Large Dipper & Large Dipper X 2, S = small dipper... ! :confused:

Last Edited:
Head Shot, there #1 recommendation is Pyrodex, followed by a few Smokeless, you will SEE Their great print job, as the Package labeling, so do Not cut anything but Plastic to open it up, if needed, mine was just a snap open, snap closed.

I noticed that they had Run Out of Primer Mix, must been some guy hogging it all buying Five Bags at A Time :p

Enjoy!

Maybe START a New thread, and do a review, since I am known as a Curmudgeon around here, it might be good to see what you have to say!

Stay Safe!

philip :confused:

Note!!!! I just got off the Phone, with the Owner of 22RELOADER, who read my email, wherein I shared my review.

For those Who Care, there will be a number of Additional Items being sold on his website, including, In Time, REAL 22 Rim Fire smokeless gun powder, which is again a Proprietary Mixture.

He is also discussing with a Famous Maker of Projectiles, and that could be interesting!!!!

Brian has been at this One Project for Two & a Half YEARS, Version 2.0 of the Bullet Mold Tool, will be very Interesting.

You might note, I am talking In Generalities, minus the gun powder part, I did not ask for permission to share ALL He Told Me.... Nor will I.

But he is on Facebook and you see his website, Pay Attention!

I am really dead tired, even if early: I had Maybe two HOURS sleep, then drove to ROSEBURG VAMC, got home, and been online here, mostly.

I gotta get my shut eye!!!!

More tomorrow

philip :confused:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR