JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting! Wonder what they do to recharge the primer?
A trifling detail. lol

Oh, found this.. don't sound like fun.

"An effective rimfire mix can be made by gently removing and crushing the tips of "strike anywhere" matches, then adding a little hot water to make a slurry thin enough so that you can drip a bit into the bottom of the case, then spin the case on an appropriate sized dowel or drill rod to centrifuge the priming slurry out into the rim."

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?182089-can-you-make-priming-compound/page10

Last Edited:
I guess if you ever wanted a legit reason to waste time on .22LR to the point where the wife almost calls you in as a missing person.

Let's see, it would take 10 hours to reload 500 rounds. Your time is worth something, say $20/hr.

Not quite my cup of tea. I'd rather pay the knuckle draggers who jack up prices so my son can't go shoot cheaply than reload that ammo.

My wife thought I was nuts when the opportunity to buy 100 bricks of Federal Target ammo for $10.00 a brick was offered to me.
I can now show her a YouTube video on what it takes to make 50,000 of them, one at a time.

They make pretty strong pellet rifles these days. I'd go that way, perhaps even to include swaging/casting your own slugs. nah (unless it was 9mm or something)

This has been posted before, but my opinion remains the same - except in the case of an SHTF situation where I really need more ammo, I don't see this ever being worth the time and effort to do. Too much work for too little reward. But, keeping this around for a serious ammo shortage, etc. may not be a bad idea.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top