JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Rugers and Buckmarks are classics with lots of options for modifications.

Many people want .22 versions of their "normal" guns and most maker have .22 versions.Currently my most used one is my M&P .22, prior to that, it was my Kimber 1911 .22.

You should check out the Ruger mkiv 22/45 lite. It has good iron sights and has a ton of upgrades you can get for it and magazines are like 20 to 25 bucks I think I got mine recently with 5 mags and it came out to 540.

Ruger pistols are the standard. The discontinued MKII is my preference. For those mechanically challenged, the MKIV is recommended.

Browning Buckmark is not supposed to be dry fired is not designed to be field disassembled. Great pistol otherwise but those two things make it the first pistol I would not recommend.

sig P322 all day. I like it way better than the Ruger or Butmark.
Accurate.
Reliable.
supressor ready
20rd capacity or 25 with the 25rd mags
and optic ready

I've got a bunch of .22 handguns but the one that gets the most use is my Ruger MKll KMK512 (stainless 5.5" bull barrel). It's a great gun.
Another gun I would recommend is a Smith & Wesson Victory. I bought my son-in-law one for Christmas a couple of years ago and it's a shooter!

Recommend against the Ruger Mk IV 22/45 Lite.

A) the Glock G44, and many other makes, eg SR22 and Smith M&P, are lighter.

B) although it is easy to disassemble, you'll be doing a lot of that bc it frequently jams, and requires copper nosed bullets to run smoothly. CCI mini mags ok.

C) it's not any more accurate than the next gun out there.

D) fairly pricey.

I was just looking to sell mine.

I've got a bunch of .22 handguns but the one that gets the most use is my Ruger MKll KMK512 (stainless 5.5" bull barrel). It's a great gun.
Another gun I would recommend is a Smith & Wesson Victory. I bought my son-in-law one for Christmas a couple of years ago and it's a shooter!
will definitely take a look at the suggestions will probably end up with berreta in 22 to match the beretta I have. Any one have experience with it?

will definitely take a look at the suggestions will probably end up with berreta in 22 to match the beretta I have. Any one have experience with it?
I knew a guy that had one. Pretty good except he found the dot sight cutout to be very shallow and the aluminum stripped out of the mounting holes giggity.

I pulled out all my "supposed to be accurate" .22 handguns and ran 'em through the mill against each other with my hunting ammo.

They WERE all accurate.

But the Ruger MKII ran the table, beating out guns that cost 2 and 3 times as much.

Anyone (equipped with a brain and two hands) who shudders at the thought of re-assembling one, probably spawned their first child because they gave up trying to open the Trojan package. The MKIV (with "improved" takedown procedure) I consider part of the "dumbing down" of America. Entirely unnecessary (for more than a half-century) for anyone who makes a modicum of effort to establish even a cursory familiarity with their guns.

Not difficult at all unless one neglects the gun longer than it should be, or is (by some defect or intoxicant) without short-term memory. :cool:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top