JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which Revolver for Big 6 in ICORE?

• Smith & Wesson 629, 5” barrel. The Workhorse.

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Smith & Wesson 29, 6½” barrel. The Classic.

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Astra 44, 152㎜/6” barrel. The Paella Pew.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smith & Wesson 500, 6½” barrel. The Gonzo.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else. You should acquire a ...

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Um, eh ... wut?

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
Shooting paper, a Smith & Wesson Model 25-5 in .45 Colt might be my choice. For steel targets, I might want a harder hitter, like a 610 (10mm) or a 57 (.41 Magnum).

I've owned three of those Smith & Wesson Model 1955 / 25-2, the .45 ACP target gun. Really fine for their intended purpose. I kept a lot of .45 Auto Rim stuff around for those. Which eliminates the need for moon clips. An older one had a 6-1/2 in. bbl., two made 17 years later had 6 in. bbls.

SANY5545.JPG

This is the last one I had, SN N640XXX. Made circa 1980.

I was shooting Bowling pins with my 41 Mag this weekend. The load I'd made caused a lot of interest being a 165gr full wad cutter at about 800 fps. Most 41 Mag loads have quite a bark generally a 210 gr bullet around 14-1500 fps. Mine were pleasant and accurate to shoot.

Nice the S&W Model 25 and 625 series are neat revolvers for sure.
Good luck with your bid.
Andy
Alas, outbid. Went to place another and it appeared two other bidders went at with the 15 minute rule kicking in. Price was right before that; after, not so. Oh well, though, AFAIK, Smith no longer makes them, they turn up on GB fairly often. And there is other neato wheelguns to ponder too. :s0155:

It was serendipitous that I was outbid on the 625 yesterday. On Gunbroker, just snagged a Smith & Wesson 25—2 Model 1955 Target with 6½" barrel, in .45 ACP at a good rate. Blued steel and wood grips is mo' better, at least to me. :s0155:

It was serendipitous that I was outbid on the 625 yesterday. On Gunbroker, just snagged a Smith & Wesson 25—2 Model 1955 Target with 6½" barrel, in .45 ACP at a good rate. Blued steel and wood grips is mo' better, at least to me. :s0155:
WOW !
All I got...that is a beautiful revolver...and I am glad that you got it.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top