JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Portland to Jackson Hole - about 12 hours and 800 miles. The drive from Portland to Boise wasn't bad, but that stretch between Boise and Pocatello is ROUGH. Not a lot to look at.
Turn North at Mountain Home and drive through the Magic Valley through Craters of the Moon and east to Idaho Falls. It's the same amount of time and far more scenic. Still some long flat stretches as you go past Idaho National Laboratories, but not nearly as bad as the southern route, and you still go through Idaho Falls on your way to Jackson, then north to Jackson Hole.

I guess I'm an amateur. Willamette Valley to San Francisco.

The drive was in 1972, just before I entered the military, in my 1962 Nova, which was already quite worn out. And the next day, we drove all the way to Disneyland. I'm lucky we made it.

I must've been a sight, snow tires and all. And we only broke down once, and more fortunately, being a 1962 vehicle, I was able to fix it myself. :D

Seventeen moving parts. Lost technology of the '62 Nova. The Human Race will forever rue the day they cast such aside.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top