JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I hear ya... it could be either a good or a bad sign that when I walk out to the tree and stand still with my hand on a branch he'll take nuts from between my fingers. Any thoughts on trying to put together an exercise/therapy regimen? Lefty just did a lot of climbing my leg to get walnuts and peanuts out of my hand, but he was already grown and a "people person" when he showed up, and he was much less pronounced in how he favored one side.

Guess that's another jacket I gotta buy... first a red tailcoat (and of course the top hat!) to be ringmaster if I have to live in the Sh*t Circus the world's becoming, then a labcoat if I gotta be "Squirrel Nurse" to help my little buddy get well.

Last Edited:
Been 6 months...miss you, Boo!

IMG_9751.jpeg

Sometimes I think about what my two dogs do for me. For instance, I am diabetic and my dogs get me up and moving which helps me deal with it. I also enjoy the companionship. The hugs and interaction is very important to me. I never had time for kids due to being deployed six months out of many years. These dogs are my kids. I pray I never get so old I can't have a dog.

Sometimes I think about what my two dogs do for me. For instance, I am diabetic and my dogs get me up and moving which helps me deal with it. I also enjoy the companionship. The hugs and interaction is very important to me. I never had time for kids due to being deployed six months out of many years. These dogs are my kids. I pray I never get so old I can't have a dog.
We had a female German Shepard for a few years when I was a teen. But it was really my sisters dog. My step-mother also had two toy poodles, but they were 'her' dogs..not family dogs.

I never had my own till just last year--at 53. And yes..he started as my wife's dog..but became mine on his own accord.

I can't believe what I missed out on. My pup means the world to me. So yes, I do many things for him, for example carrying him (at 27 lbs) a mile last month because he got hold of a squirrel and received a few battle scars on his eyelid,..(see pic)

But what he does for me, the companionship, the love, playtime, home security, stranger introductions (met a lot of wonderful people through him during dog walks). Getting me outside... Priceless.

I only regret that I will probably outlive him.

20240608_141702.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top