JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do basic stretching and core exercises every morning, followed by a walk. I trail run with my daughter and our firearm training usually involves running from point to point. The social and political climate of the last decade has led me to believe that I need to be ready for anything. Pray for peace prepare for war. Our employees and corporations want us sick and sedentary. I suck at being a victim.

^ This. You can own an armored car and have more ammo than a swat team but if you are overweight and can't get up out of a chair w/o almost passing out none of that matters. HEALTH is #1 and you get there via discipline.

Worth mentioning. When heavy/overweight use nutrition and controlled lifting as exercise FIRST. Don't go running and doing fast-twitch exercise like you are in High School. That was my first mistake back at 260lbs.
Somehow escaped serious injury in my late 50s.

Give yourself six months of healthy eating - not 'dieting' - ditch half the fat/weight THEN pick it up and take on more challenges. This note is meant for new guys that wake up at some point look in the mirror and say to themselves 'OK, enough is enough' - I did this to myself - I can undo it.

Ryan Garcia was right about PRIME. It is junk and people got that memo. $.89 a can at Grocery Outlet now lol. The "Liquid Death" drink is $1.89 a can, sells out, and it is just WATER. Clown World. Ryan did mess up and took it too far though saying it has cyanided in it and other statements which will get him into legal trouble. Dumb arrogance and entitlement sometimes bites these guys in the arse.

Last Edited:
@arakboss A+ and awesome. When getting back into being healthier, would just walk to the mailbox instead of drive. Did almost nothing extreme. Could only do about 8-10 real pushups so you are already way ahead of where I was on the road to better health. Bottom line is YOU CARE. Most don't. Wishing you nothing but success.

I'm gonna go mow the front lawn. Got to get the grass in the Sam Can before come's the garbage man.
Mowed Friday at noon. I have trees in front yard for shade but dang it was hot, 94. My body is still acclimating to the heat and As I get older, that is harder to do. There was some pro athlete that just died during training camp. I began to think that had I got the vaxx, I might have gone into cardiac arrest mowing the yard. I try to mow on my off day from the gym.

Pollen count is very high, but grass pollen low. I guess that means I can finish the back yard. Never pay attention to those scales but I should if I don't want to be stuffed up all night.

I mowed both yards yesterday, and only stopped for a cool down and drink of water once.
I use to have a sticker from CamelBak that stated - hydrate or die.
We have Mt. biked in Moab and we were coming in from a trail and saw two guys going out with just one water bottle. We had used two water bottles and most of our hydration back pack. We tried to advise them to get more water to no avail.

For those who drinks tons of water remember you need to replenish minerals. Something as simple as a pinch of salt and no-salt (potassium). When I see young guys following the latest gym trend lugging around a gallon jug of water ..... ugh. Hydration by water alone is not great. Neither is sugar crap like Gatorade. Water + an added spectrum of trace minerals is best, and inexpensive. An 8oz bottle, a few drops in your morning coffee.
$15-20 bucks and lasts for months. Only thing better would be clean creek water.

Trace Minerals.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top