JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just talked with my son in NC. He bought a 2021 suburban with a salvage title. It was cosmetic damage only and everything functions as it should except for a mysterious rattle. My son finally found a loaded 9mm magazine between the seat and the center console. He bought it in Georgia and drove it home to NC. I didn't ask the mag capacity but I can imagine getting stopped by the police when possessing a scary high-capacity magazine in a state where they are illegal. Good luck convincing a police officer that you didn't know it was there,

I just talked with my son in NC. He bought a 2021 suburban with a salvage title. It was cosmetic damage only and everything functions as it should except for a mysterious rattle. My son finally found a loaded 9mm magazine between the seat and the center console. He bought it in Georgia and drove it home to NC. I didn't ask the mag capacity but I can imagine getting stopped by the police when possessing a scary high-capacity magazine in a state where they are illegal. Good luck convincing a police officer that you didn't know it was there,
Well, score for him! Back when I was a kid my parents bought an RV and found a loaded 9mm mag in one of the drawers. No idea what make or model.

While I am VERY pro Police, this is a great example of another reason to say (politely) no if asked "can I search". This is very rare but does happen. If I am ever asked the simple answer would be no. This is assuming I was not doing something really over the top stupid to get stopped which I do not do.

While I am VERY pro Police, this is a great example of another reason to say (politely) no if asked "can I search". This is very rare but does happen. If I am ever asked the simple answer would be no. This is assuming I was not doing something really over the top stupid to get stopped which I do not do.
If you run into an officer who asks double questions like "You don't mind if I search your car, do you?" an unambiguous answer might be "I do not consent to any searches". Remember to be polite. It's about the same thing the officer would have said anyway, were he to find himself in your position. This of course, is what I was told to say by an attorney. What you say is up to you and you shouldn't listen to the opinions of strangers on the internet.

Never mind that. The dope. Murder victim's DNA. Outstanding warrant and tickets associated with the plate/tag.

He bought the car from a company that buys wrecks, repairs and sells them. It doesn't take much for an insurance company to total a car.

He bought the car from a company that buys wrecks, repairs and sells them. It doesn't take much for an insurance company to total a car.
Anyone who has had to have repair work done on a wreck can soon see why. The parts and labor to do a "fix" can be shocking. So often does not take much of a wreck to make the Ins just pay it off, sell the car and walk away. People who buy these do need to do due diligence though and make sure they understand buying a salvage title. They can make some good deals but, many jump into one and only later find out they should have leaned how this all works.

Anyone who has had to have repair work done on a wreck can soon see why. The parts and labor to do a "fix" can be shocking. So often does not take much of a wreck to make the Ins just pay it off, sell the car and walk away. People who buy these do need to do due diligence though and make sure they understand buying a salvage title. They can make some good deals but, many jump into one and only later find out they should have leaned how this all works.
He bought my granddaughter a nearly new little Bronco a couple of years ago and it's been trouble-free. He buys them from a guy who repairs them and shows him what the repair consists of.

He bought my granddaughter a nearly new little Bronco a couple of years ago and it's been trouble-free. He buys them from a guy who repairs them and shows him what the repair consists of.
There is some great deals on these. Many find out the hard way the salvage title has some things they "should have" looked at before they bought. Very often there is nothing unsafe or mechanically wrong after the repair. The salvage title is what people need to make sure they understand BEFORE they buy one.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top