JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Vigilante justice is not the same thing as defending your property. The word gets misused a lot.

Maybe I did misuse the term. What I was getting at is I'm a firm believer in rule of law if that law is just and fair. It's much better than having people take care of things on their own , IMO. Sometimes that's the way it has to happen but it's not ideal.

Maybe I did misuse the term. What I was getting at is I'm a firm believer in rule of law if that law is just and fair. It's much better than having people take care of things on their own , IMO. Sometimes that's the way it has to happen but it's not ideal.
That's great in theory but it breaks down rather rapidly when you're being victimized in the here and now. And relying on insurance to replace your stolen items is just paying for the theft in installments. You were still robbed, and the thief has learned where to steal.

I have zero sympathy. By the time one turns 13 in the USA, one should be capable of understanding (1) the difference between right and wrong plus (2) actions have consequences.

And shame on us all for allowing insurance to become a racket, and litigation a license to become rich.

I have zero sympathy. By the time one turns 13 in the USA, one should be capable of understanding (1) the difference between right and wrong plus (2) actions have consequences.

And shame on us all for allowing insurance to become a racket, and litigation a license to become rich.
Amen! Forget about the insurance covering loss, all that does is increase rates for all of us. It empowers the criminals. What gives someone, anyone, authority or rights to take anything, anything that I have worked hard for and paid for?

Until criminals and thieves understand the game they play may indeed cost them their very lives, criminals and thieves will continue to victimize the law abiding. In my book that total toro fecal matter. Period. It's long past time to make criminals and thieves fear for their lives each time they ply their trade.

Taking out the trash should get you civil and criminal immunity as well as a key to the city.

Better add that rental car coverage then...
I am fortunate, I have plenty of friends and family that would either pick us up or loan us a vehicle, it was a for instance more then anything.

Most homeless people that aren't there due to mental illness lost their jobs and then couldn't afford payments on things like cars, insurance, homes etc.

Most people with means are not able to fathom what it is like to barely make it financially.

🤷🏼‍♂️

IMG_8458.jpeg

I am fortunate, I have plenty of friends and family that would either pick us up or loan us a vehicle, it was a for instance more then anything.

Most homeless people that aren't there due to mental illness lost their jobs and then couldn't afford payments on things like cars, insurance, homes etc.

Most people with means are not able to fathom what it is like to barely make it financially.
Your last sentence really rings a bell with me! I am fortunate in life recently. That being said I can relate, for years I was the single income that provided for a wife and three kids, then four kids, same income. I got tired of the same old same old, really tired of it. I took a chance on a new job at lower pay, studied on my own time (a concept VERY rarely seen now), worked my ever lovin' tail off and it paid off in the end. If someone truly wants to get out of a rut, it's there's for the taking, almost all though will not put in the extra work to get there though. Hard work doesn't always pay off, but good things will never come without it.

Your last sentence really rings a bell with me! I am fortunate in life recently. That being said I can relate, for years I was the single income that provided for a wife and three kids, then four kids, same income. I got tired of the same old same old, really tired of it. I took a chance on a new job at lower pay, studied on my own time (a concept VERY rarely seen now), worked my ever lovin' tail off and it paid off in the end. If someone truly wants to get out of a rut, it's there's for the taking, almost all though will not put in the extra work to get there though. Hard work doesn't always pay off, but good things will never come without it.
There's an old saying, "you get out of life what you put into it". Those who take the efforts to better themselves and sacrifice to get there will usually reap the greater rewards that come with that bettering of oneself. Just as you have experienced kmk1012. Too few what to put the effort or sacrifice in, just as you've said. We've become a "give it to me or I'll steal it from you" society. How unfortunate.

There's an old saying, "you get out of life what you put into it". Those who take the efforts to better themselves and sacrifice to get there will usually reap the greater rewards that come with that bettering of oneself. Just as you have experienced kmk1012. Too few what to put the effort or sacrifice in, just as you've said. We've become a "give it to me or I'll steal it from you" society. How unfortunate.
Worse yet, we have become a "everything is owed to me" society.

Worse yet, we have become a "everything is owed to me" society.
It (generally) takes a minimum of 10,000 hours to master a (practical) skill.

I've got 34 years in my trade averaging 2,300-2,500 hours a year. In 1990 I started as a laborer/assistant at $6, kept at it through thick and thin and slowly progressed to well into six-figures with a full benefits and a pretty decent retirement pension…. 5 more years to go before I pull the cord and retire, and I'll still be young enough to date your younger sisters!

:D

It (generally) takes a minimum of 10,000 hours to master a (practical) skill.

I've got 34 years in my trade averaging 2,300-2,500 hours a year. In 1990 I started as a laborer/assistant at $6, kept at it through thick and thin and slowly progressed to well into six-figures with a full benefits and a pretty decent retirement pension…. 5 more years to go before I pull the cord and retire, and I'll still be young enough to date your younger sisters!

:D
Same here, started my IT career in '85, settled on a speciality in '90, like you plenty of overtime, especially in those early days. Now in the twilight of my career, also well into six figures, feeding the retirement plan with plans to call it a career in 6 more years. I won't be young enough to date anyone's sisters. But still young enough I don't need no little blue pills.

And as for you my friend Stomper, I've no younger sisters, I'm the baby…

And no, I'm taken….
:s0140:

I had a couple of very nice carrier paths laid out but some bumps in the road happened and I find myself in the uncomfortable situation of having to sort of start over at a much older age then is ideal but I have learned an awful lot along the way and I wouldn't change a thing because I am where I am from choosing family over money.

My wife is doing well and I am sure we will retire a little later then we had hoped but everything works out for a reason.

What I passed on to this world is my daughter who knows right from wrong, advocates for the less fortunate and is in a good spot for her age.

Other then that I am a great husband and a good friend to more people then I ever thought I would have so I feel like life has been good to me.

Life has just kicked me in the seat of my pants many times to keep me humble and grounded I guess lol.

Its a interesting story and he as always nails it.
However, But, or how about:

In my mind none of us in this entire forum will ever have to do what occurred.
Every situation is 100% different. And similarities seldom hold weight in court.
So just like CC and what you may or may not have to do. Is figure this out with in .05 seconds.
My rule of thumb is this.
If asked, would I do the same again? If My answer is yes. Then I made the right choice.
You hmmm and haww over it and you may have screwed up.
And that is the responsibility of owning a firearm.

Flip side, old enough to commit the crime and endanger a life?
You are making a choice to commit. But then how do we know what they are thinking.
We don't. And there is the entanglement of firearm ownership.
Cause and Effect.

For me (Baby Boomer), I was always told to : Work hard, save and invest.

While......
Generation X faces some financial challenges, particularly in planning for retirement. Many are still grappling with the consequences of student loan debt, escalating housing costs, and economic setbacks from the Great Recession, which have hindered their ability to save adequately for retirement.
Taken from : https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/new...e-take-a-guess-how-much-they-earn/ar-BB1mRwIP

Rrrrrright.....their Generation needs the HELP.

Yes, a 13 year old is not a Gen Xer. But, note the trend.

Yup, It appears that the modern lesson to lean is : Get someone else to be RESPONSIBLE for your life.

Awwwww......Come on Man
Take the short cut.
Besides, the Govt (if you vote for me) will HELP with MORE DEBT FORGIVNESS.

Is that you Brandon?

Aloha, Mark

PS.....and then.....how about the Gen Zer?

members of Gen Z are more likely than older generations to look to government to solve problems, rather than businesses and individuals. Fully seven-in-ten Gen Zers say the government should do more to solve problems, while 29% say government is doing too many things better left to businesses and individuals.
Taken from : https://www.pewresearch.org/social-...ar_Viewpoints_on_Many_Major_Issues_of_The_Day

Note : How does the "Govt will solve our problems attitude" extend to Gun Control Laws?

Oh WAIT....so, do we need MORE Govt?

1716400868050.png

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top