JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Small celebration cigar. It's a wonderful day outside and I got some news that could potentially make my life a whole lot better in the near future so what better way to celebrate than with the triple Maduro…

IMG_1107.jpeg

One of my all time favorites but rarely something in my price range.

It's bitter sweet because I found some white mold growing on the cedar in my humidor so I'm going to have to go thru the disinfectant, isolating cigars and re-humidifying my set up.

So I figured I may as well smoke a good one to kick off the process lol. (Yea, not every reason to smoke a favorite is a good reason I suppose lol).

IMG_1175.jpeg

One of my all time favorites but rarely something in my price range.

It's bitter sweet because I found some white mold growing on the cedar in my humidor so I'm going to have to go thru the disinfectant, isolating cigars and re-humidifying my set up.

So I figured I may as well smoke a good one to kick off the process lol. (Yea, not every reason to smoke a favorite is a good reason I suppose lol).

View attachment 1902895
Joe, I've got a Staebell cabinet, and for years I've been running a little colloidal silver in the humidifier cans. I've been using this in my humidifier cans for some time; 2 oz of 20ppm collodial silver to a gallon of distilled water. There are some beads in the cabinet for 'ballast' but the primary humidification comes from the cans. My cabinet is temp / RH controlled. I haven't noticed any difference with the silver, other than the complete lack of any mold spores. Which is very good. I've also used the solution to gently wipe some smokes with some traces of wrapper mold....completely gone. You can treat your humidifiers with it, use it to rehydrate Bovida packs.....just the trace of silver knocks 99% of any mold out before it starts.

As they say, one man's opinion.....

evening gentleman,
I'm looking for suggestions on a nice cigar to celebrate the birth of my son on July 1st
Go into a real cigar shop. Ask the clerk for suggestions and they should be able to steer you in a good direction based on your answers.

Everyone is different and experience can go a long way and change what one person finds good over another.

My current tuppedore list:

Received by mail on 10/03/2020:

· Saint Luis Rey Robusto Maduro 5 X 54 (Bonus, no charge)

· Oliva Serie G Toro Natural 6 1/2 X 52 (Bonus, no charge)

· Perdomo Champagne Robusto Natural 5 X 54 ($8.25)

· Liga Privada T52 Belicoso Natural 6 X 52 ($15.56)

· Ashton ESG 22 Year Salute Torpedo 5-pack ($100.99) Currently have 3 left

· Four Kicks Piramide Natural 6 1/8 X 52 ($9.65)

· La Aroma Mi Amor Reserva Romantico Oscuro 6 7/8 X 50 ($10.75)

· Romeo Y Julieta House Of Capulet Natural 7 X 50 (Bonus, no charge)

· Illusione OP No 9 Natural 5 1/2 X 56 ($12.30)

· Tatuaje Black Corona Gorda Natural 5 5/8 X 46 ($10.00)

· CAO Flathead Carb V660 6 X 60 ($9.99)

· San Cristobal Revelation Leviathan Natural 6 1/2 X 64 ($10.00)

· Perdomo Habano Bourbon Barrel-Aged Churchill Sungrown 7 X 54 ($9.25)

· Perdomo Habano Bourbon Barrel-Aged Churchill Maduro 7 X 54 ($9.25)

· My Father Connecticut Toro Natural 6 1/2 X 54 ($9.00)

· Perdomo Double-Aged Sun-Grown Robusto Natural 6 1/2 X 56 ($10.00)

· La Aroma De Cuba Noblesse Coronation Rosado 6 1/2 X 52 ($16.00)

· King Is Dead The Last Payday Natural 6 X 52 ($11.50)

· Caldwell Eastern Standard Cream Crush 7 X 48 ($11.80)

· San Cristobal Ovation Decadence Oscuro 6 1/2 X 52 ($15.00)

· La Imperiosa Double Robusto Oscuro 6 3/8 X 50 ($9.75)

· Perdomo Factory Tour Blend Toro Maduro 6 X 52 (Bonus, no charge)

· Perdomo Factory Tour Blend Torpedo Maduro 6 1/2 X 54 ($8.00)

· Gran Reserva No. 5 Czar 2011 Gran Habano 6 X 66 ($11.10)

· Romeo Y Julieta House Of Verona Natural 6 x 50 (Bonus, no charge)

· Partagas Heritage Robusto Natural 5 1/2 X 52 ($10.29)

· Four Kicks Robusto Maduro 5 X 50 ($9.60)

· Diesel Whiskey Row PX Sherry Cask-Aged Toro Maduro 6 X 50 ($9.00)

· Siboney Reserve Robusto Maduro 5 1/4 X 50 ($8.00)

Purchased on 02/08/2021:

Crown Julius Diamond Caesar Toro

Romeo Robusto, by Romeo Y Julieta

I need more. And I need new Boveda packs.

evening gentleman,
I'm looking for suggestions on a nice cigar to celebrate the birth of my son on July 1st
Perdomo Champagne 10 year anniversary! Very smooth, light and a delicious easy smoke with light notes. Not too strong and goes excellent with a single malt scotch! A 15 or 18 year Glenlivet will serve as an excellent match to your cigar of choice!
Congratulations on the birth of you're son! May the almighty bless him as he enters this world!

One time I was describing to a daughter one of the cigar boxes that I store M1 Rifle tools in. I said it was an old Roi Tan box, and it said Blunts on the end. She laughed and said, "Blunts, that's a good one." Until that conversation, I was unaware that a large joint is called a blunt.

One time I was describing to a daughter one of the cigar boxes that I store M1 Rifle tools in. I said it was an old Roi Tan box, and it said Blunts on the end. She laughed and said, "Blunts, that's a good one." Until that conversation, I was unaware that a large joint is called a blunt.
A blunt is a cigar wrapper with the filler removed and replaced with weed. A big joint is just a fatty.

evening gentleman,
Yes, congratulations!

One other thing I would suggest is to go with a cigar that is going to be around for a very long time (ie no boutique brands), go with something that is well established and has been around for a good while so you can have another with him 20 years from now.

Smoking another Camacho Triple Maduro this morning.

Partly to whittle down some of my better cigars during the humidor clean and reset.

Partly because I had yet another interview online and statistically there is a fairly small chance of getting any given job so I get tired of the endless waiting to hear back, follow up with an email and then get told that their hiring process is slow and long lol.

So I'm treating myself to an hour of down time before it gets to warm out.

IMG_1182.jpeg

Joe, I've got a Staebell cabinet, and for years I've been running a little colloidal silver in the humidifier cans. I've been using this in my humidifier cans for some time; 2 oz of 20ppm collodial silver to a gallon of distilled water. There are some beads in the cabinet for 'ballast' but the primary humidification comes from the cans. My cabinet is temp / RH controlled. I haven't noticed any difference with the silver, other than the complete lack of any mold spores. Which is very good. I've also used the solution to gently wipe some smokes with some traces of wrapper mold....completely gone. You can treat your humidifiers with it, use it to rehydrate Bovida packs.....just the trace of silver knocks 99% of any mold out before it starts.

As they say, one man's opinion.....
Good info.

For the last 20 years I have used (believe it or not) a small glass bowl of water in my humidor. No Problems.

See Pic, the bowl is maybe 2 inches in diameter at bottom Center-Left:

Humidor.jpg

I just make sure it never runs dry. Maybe look at it once a month.

And the Result IS:
73 percent.jpg

73 Percent Humidity.

Of Course, Opinions VARY! Just Like with Guns, and Reloading, And.. And...

Anyone have a good link or set of instructions to calibrate hygrometers?

I have tried different methods of the salt test to get wildly different readings from a multitude of hygrometers.

Would putting them all in a sealed container with a bobida pack be a good way to go?

Have a few I need to calibrate as I would like them up and ready to go when I start putting my humidor back together.

Anyone have a good link or set of instructions to calibrate hygrometers?

I have tried different methods of the salt test to get wildly different readings from a multitude of hygrometers.

Would putting them all in a sealed container with a bobida pack be a good way to go?

Have a few I need to calibrate as I would like them up and ready to go when I start putting my humidor back together.
For me the salt test has always worked 100%. But have to be careful how you do it. I use a 2 liter pop cap and fill with salt. Then add water so it's runny. If it's runny but no water will drip off at all then it's good. Tilt and Allow any excess water to drip off. Too much or too little water and it won't work. Then I put it small ziploc with hygrometer. I squeeze out most of the air before sealing. Doing this way gives results in a couple hours at most. They say leave for one day for best results but it never changes after one day for me.

Boveda does sell a calibration pouch as I recall but not sure it's worth the $ unless it's like $4-$5 from Amazon. If you had a new or fairly new regular 72% boveda pouch you could use that I would think. Put in a ziploc and squeeze out most of the air. Not sure how long to wait on that though. Maybe couple days?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top