JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I could've Youtubed it but there is so much misinformation out there and when you don't know at all it's hard to understand what's accurate and truth.

Basically I want to get a Sparrow and slap it on my HK MP5 22LR. It's tons of fun to shoot and people keep saying "get a trust it'll process quicker and you'll get it quicker." Is this true? What even is a Trust exactly? Another person told me "don't do a trust, you don't own your suppressor if you do that" which sounds like total crap.

Would you nice folks please explain it like I'm 5? I know either way I'm going to have to pay the thieves $200 just to have one. Thank you.

Everything you need to know and then some:

https://www.nationalguntrusts.com/

If you're buying from Silencer Shop, these are supposedly pretty painless and perfect if you don't plan to add any more to the trust:

Everything you need to know and then some:

https://www.nationalguntrusts.com/

If you're buying from Silencer Shop, these are supposedly pretty painless and perfect if you don't plan to add any more to the trust:

So it seems like a Trust is the way to go. Your link from Silencer Shop however- do I still have to buy the $60 Trust, or just get that with the silencer I want in the same cart?

Technically quickest way to get your suppressor in hand these days is not a trust.

Its by buying individual.

Trust timelines have come down, and come down significantly. However not as short approvals as individual. Yet.

See the median approval times of silencer shop customers here:

Also, what is in stock plays a hand in timelines as well.

Still, single trusts do seem faster than before the ATF computer/software upgrade, so there is that.

My opinion: do individual (no trust) if you want "whatever" quickly. Do trust if you don't mind RISKING a longer wait.

Plus, supposedly can ad any NFA stuff you own into a trust later. While still owning/using whatever. Yup, hafta pay another $200 each tho...

Technically quickest way to get your suppressor in hand these days is not a trust.

Its by buying individual.

Trust timelines have come down, and come down significantly. However not as short approvals as individual. Yet.

Also, what is in stock plays a hand in timelines as well.

Still, single trusts do seem faster than before the ATF computer/software upgrade, so there is that.

My opinion: do individual (no trust) if you want "whatever" quickly. Do trust if you don't mind RISKING a longer wait.

Plus, supposedly can ad any NFA stuff you own into a trust later. While still owning/using whatever. Yup, hafta pay another $200 each tho...
Well I can't find the Sparrow 22 in stock anywhere. And Tick Lickers in Salem has it backordered as well. SOL it seems.

Curt´s Discount Shooters´ Supply.
They generally have a good selection of suppressors and are very easy to deal with.

17843 SE McLoughlin Blvd, Unit 1, Milwaukie, OR 97267

503 305 8678

Curt´s Discount Shooters´ Supply.
They generally have a good selection of suppressors and are very easy to deal with.

17843 SE McLoughlin Blvd, Unit 1, Milwaukie, OR 97267

503 305 8678
Do they happen to have a SilencerShop kiosk? Do you know how much their transfer fees are?

I am entirely new to this. I just registered with silencershop.com and the eforms aft website.

edit- I'm an idiot. I just called them. No Sparrow 22's but they have Switchback 22's.. but they're double the price nearly. Too much for a simple 22LR plinker gun to me. Oh well.

I personally have a trust. I am the settler and I have one trustee (my dad). For me it works because we can hand our NFA items back and forth without issues. This is extra good because I travel internationally a lot and I can just leave my stuff in his safe without issue.
If you do not have that need, and are comfortable not letting anyone have any access to your NFA items without your direct presence then getting a trust is of little benefit. There is a lot of nuance to trust vs individual, but with the way things are now, that is probably the biggest consideration to make.

If you're dead set on SilencerCo see if you can track down the Warlock II. It would be a tough find but you won't be able to notice a difference in noise reduction. I run CCi standard velocity through my SilencerCo and it's Hollywood quiet. I even have video I can text you. I highly recommend you jam up to @HighLine in Newberg and chat them up. Not sure which side of the river you're on but either side is pretty smooth sailing up to the shop.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top