JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is an excellent thread title, best because it is not "contrived" sounding (as some).

Toward Revisiting old favorites, I cranked up the way back machine. EVERYBODY's favorite list has a .22 and I am no exception to the rule.

Here's the first two that were (are) mine:

1719709297583.jpeg
Winchester Model 67A "Boys Rifle". Birthday present brand new when I became 6 years old. I was feeding the family with head-shot cottontails (.22 Shorts only!) inside of a week. Dad handed me one cartridge at a time, and I wasn't strong enough to cock it. (Smart Dad!). I couldn't keep it in my room then, but I kept that "Olin" box on my bedroom dresser!

Colt's "Stagecoach" Semi-Auto Carbine. This was also a birthday present (11 years old). Dad had the new Ruger 10-22, and I 'window shopped" the Shooter's Bible, seeing this baby was just as handy but held 13!!!

But I didn't get it until almost two years later. Colt's was preoccupied (busy making M16's and NOTHING else). I got busted skipping school when I was 13 to get home early the day it came in. Dad made me wait another month.

And my girlfriends always wondered why I seemed quite comfortable with protracted pleasure. :cool:

I bought a 1969 12 gauge 870 in the mid 80's, it has accompanied me during all my travels while contracting and has killed many a duck, goose and a few grouse.
8 years ago I retired it from field use, fitted with a 20" barrel to help guard against intruders in the house. I still have the old beat up wood stock but believe it is not worth the time and effort to restore.
I bought a Stoger camo M-2000 semi auto 12 gauge for my winged hunting exploits, it took me two seasons to remember to stop pumping that gun. Lol.

View attachment 1906392 View attachment 1906396
Maybe it's kind of sick to point this out, but am I the only one who finds the silhouette of that shotty sorta sexy??:rolleyes:
I might have some incurable affliction.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top